Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Safariland 637 - new pancake ALS rig

Still only listed for Glocks.

So it finally came yesterday and I was able to wear it around the house for a few hours today. I put my issued gen 4 G26 in it since I didn’t want to remove the xc1 on my 19m. It does ride a little higher than what I prefer and concealment is sub optimal for NPEs (ie: flying armed) but given that most people in my city are pretty oblivious and where I’m at civilian CCW is a no go, I doubt many would make me. One question I do have for those that are using it is why the heck did Safariland put those two large thumbscrews on the back?! I don’t like to wear an undershirt and those screws really dig into my side.

Quote Originally Posted by State View Post
    So it finally came yesterday and I was able to wear it around the house for a few hours today. I put my issued gen 4 G26 in it since I didn’t want to remove the xc1 on my 19m. It does ride a little higher than what I prefer and concealment is sub optimal for NPEs (ie: flying armed) but given that most people in my city are pretty oblivious and where I’m at civilian CCW is a no go, I doubt many would make me. One question I do have for those that are using it is why the heck did Safariland put those two large thumbscrews on the back?! I don’t like to wear an undershirt and those screws really dig into my side.
    Got any photos?

First time trying to upload a photo. The near screw in the photo seems to be connected to the ALS. Not sure what the far screw does. Both easily unscrew just using you fingers. I’m guessing they were meant to be hand adjusted, or why make them so big and with knurling?
    Name:  91C497D6-0AE2-484E-AD9E-75332F87A376.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  24.4 KB

The pics I have from the German website shows the usual fasteners on the back, but the holster also has an ALS guard:

Name:  B6D65FAF-6D1D-4B0C-A5CD-B7563C3E594B.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  24.8 KB

Mine is waiting for me back in IL.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hey State- how about a few more pictures of the holster. Very few of these in the real world and I’m sure many of us are holding off ordering. Some shots of the holster overall as well as on the belt would be super helpful.
    As far as the two big screw heads go- who knows. Standard ALS holsters have nothing with that big of a footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Hey State- how about a few more pictures of the holster. Very few of these in the real world and I’m sure many of us are holding off ordering. Some shots of the holster overall as well as on the belt would be super helpful.
    As far as the two big screw heads go- who knows. Standard ALS holsters have nothing with that big of a footprint.
    Here are a few from the German site:

https://www.cop-shop.de/en/product/s...ther-look-7251
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Still only listed for Glocks.
    Back in April when I asked Safariland about it, this is what their production people had to say. I’m sure everything was placed on hold shortly thereafter due to the pandemic, but I’d be surprised if the order of releases has changed.

Hope all is well and everyone had a great weekend. We will be releasing the Glock 17 and 19 fits along with the H&K VP9 before the end of the month. The Walther will hopefully be available next month.
    Ken

Name:  D89A63B0-66C1-4933-ACA1-B0A11F91BADF.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  29.2 KBHere are a few pics. For reference I’m 6’0”, 185lbs, 32” waist, 41” chest. Shirt I’m wearing is from Uniqlo in medium. Any type of bending and it prints. A vest or other jacket would obviously mitigate this but probably not to the point where I’d wear it in a NPE.

Another pic. Sorry wasn’t sure how to put two pics in same response. Name:  C38AC35C-C7BE-44D2-BFD5-687532099EA2.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  24.2 KB

User Tag List