Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K-Frame Load/Sight Regulation

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...The only fixed-sight .38/.357 S&W no-lock revolvers I’ve owned—which is a bunch—that didn’t regulate for 158 grains were the Brinks contract "NY-1 spec" model 64s. Annoyingly, they're set for much lighter loads, eg. 110 grains. Beyond that, what everyone else has said.
    Were they using the old +P+ Treasury load for those? They ran 110 grain, if I recall, and were used during the NY1 time period.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

The only fixed-sight .38/.357 S&W no-lock revolvers I’ve owned—which is a bunch—that didn’t regulate for 158 grains were the Brinks contract "NY-1 spec" model 64s. Annoyingly, they're set for much lighter loads, eg. 110 grains. Beyond that, what everyone else has said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Were they using the old +P+ Treasury load for those? They ran 110 grain, if I recall, and were used during the NY1 time period.
    That's kind of interesting. Keep in mind that I generally don't know shit from Shinola, but I always thought that the S&W Model 68 (the old CHP Revolvers) was the only factory tuned revolver for that load.

ETA: Correct Model # certainly helps with the conversation.
    Last edited by wvincent; 04-06-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    That's kind of interesting. Keep in mind that I generally don't know shit from Shinola, but I always thought that the S&W Model 28 (the old CHP Revolvers) was the only factory tuned revolver for that load.
    My 28-2 shoots nicely with a 110gr .357, but it also has adjustable sights. It is a hoot with any .38.
    Name:  C7F09D82-FBFD-436E-B5BD-56D9F1991E8A.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  90.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My 28-2 shoots nicely with a 110gr .357, but it also has adjustable sights. It is a hoot with any .38.
    Name:  C7F09D82-FBFD-436E-B5BD-56D9F1991E8A.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  90.4 KB
    I bet it does. I meant the Model 68. My bad.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I bet it does. I meant the Model 68. My bad.
    Yeah, I figured there was a typo in there somewhere.

No idea. My understanding is that "Brinks" is a bit generic; the contract overruns may well apply to several armored car companies.

@rsa-otc @Sherman A. House DDS
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

No idea. My understanding is that "Brinks" is a bit generic; the contract overruns may well apply to several armored car companies.
    Honestly, if I had a NY1 regulated for 110gr I'd happily use Hornady Critical Defense standard pressure or CorBon DPX and never look back.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Honestly, if I had a NY1 regulated for 110gr I'd happily use Hornady Critical Defense standard pressure or CorBon DPX and never look back.
    That is a very good point. When I had the brinks gun, *every* other revolver in my safe chambered in .38/.357–and I'm talking double digits—shot POA with the thousands of rounds of Federal and Remington "FBI" cartridges that I had socked away. If it had been my only revolver, I’d have sorted it out, but it was the lone Japanese sportbike rider in a club of 1% Harley patches, if you get my drift.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Time to sauce up this thread with pics, for the high-information voters:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

More. You can see the black trigger (MIM) and hammer set off from the NY-spec bead blast on this DAO "Brinks" gun. It was a serious looker. If only the damn thing wasn't off by *inches* compared to the rest of the stable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List