Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Make Your own Face Covering

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Doc- I thought the idea behind cloth masks was to prevent sick people from spreading droplets, knowingly or unknowingly, rather than keep healthy people healthy such as an N95. Is that still correct?
    That was my understanding as well. Also, the sudden reversal from "you only need a mask if you're sick" to "everyone should wear a mask" is due to folks not having symptoms or folks spreading the virus before they show symptoms. The idea is droplet control more than stopping virii directly. At least that's my take...

Chris

There was a time where people got nervous if someone walked into a store or bank wearing gloves and a face mask, now we are approaching the point where the opposite is true. Already some stores are denying entry to unmasked individuals.

Yes, the idea of folks wearing masks in public is to prevent the spread of disease to others, not necessarily for self-protection. Unfortunately, just about every person I see walking around is NOT wearing their masks correctly....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes, the idea of folks wearing masks in public is to prevent the spread of disease to others, not necessarily for self-protection. Unfortunately, just about every person I see walking around is NOT wearing their masks correctly....
    What is the correct way?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Guess all those folks with Shemaghs will now feel justified to wear them in public. YAAAAAY.
    I thought the exact same thing. All the tactical larpers I saw on the range with shemaghs on have to be feeling vindicated right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. All the tactical larpers I saw on the range with shemaghs on have to be feeling vindicated right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime at most! Carpe shemagh!

Look at my avatar....

Both head straps need to be in place.

The nose needs to be fully covered.

There can be no gaps any where at the periphery of the mask.

Most masks have a finite time limit on efficacy in use--usually printed on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Look at my avatar....

Both head straps need to be in place.

The nose needs to be fully covered.

There can be no gaps any where at the periphery of the mask.

Most masks have a finite time limit on efficacy in use--usually printed on the box.
    I tried one that had a fit-able upper ridge for my nose, but every time I exhaled, my glasses started to fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I tried one that had a fit-able upper ridge for my nose, but every time I exhaled, my glasses started to fog.
    Saw a hack somewhere the last couple days where folding a Kleenex into basically a long strip and placing it at the upper interior of the mask where it bridges the nose prevents glasses from fogging. Don't know if if works or violates the seal integrity but might be worth a try.

Tape...

User Tag List