Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Make Your own Face Covering

Cloth masks provide about N03 level protection vs. the N95 minimum needed against COVID19 level threats...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

This might be a stupid question, but would cloth not just absorb and retain some of the nasty stuff floating around and potentially make it worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I just wanted to point out that if somebody decided to Open Carry their gat and wear a homemade mask at the same time, I am not buying that social distancing shit and drawing my gun first.
    Saw it with two guys yesterday at Lowe’s. It definitely felt odd.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but would cloth not just absorb and retain some of the nasty stuff floating around and potentially make it worse?

Definitely many more PF folks more qualified for than me. I see the cloth mask as helping to keep some/most of your droplets and fluids to yourself and not spraying it across the landscape or grocery store or wherever.

There might be some small prevention effect of inhaling some one else’s droplets but nothing I would count on.

I am washing my cloth mask as I would wash my socks, daily of use.

I feel fine using my cloth mask with a beard, I would feel silly using an N95 with a beard.

While my hobbiest seamstress neighbor is sewing up mask for friends and orgs asking for help and my wife has ordered a sewing machine, being the duct tape fixer sort, I took a bandana and clipped a size #3 Pampers into it as a "filter element" that has of course more barrier qualities than cotton. Been told feminine pads with adhesive are even easier to configure.

Attachment 51398

Attachment 51399
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The spelunking OB-GYN...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Why mask when you can

NINJA MASK!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Somewhat on topic, I ran into this product quite accidentally: https://www.combatkit.net/en/product...ce-mask-detail

They have some interesting claims about efficiency of dish towels as filter elements in the additional pictures of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Cloth masks provide about N03 level protection vs. the N95 minimum needed against COVID19 level threats...
    Doc- I thought the idea behind cloth masks was to prevent sick people from spreading droplets, knowingly or unknowingly, rather than keep healthy people healthy such as an N95. Is that still correct?

User Tag List