Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a scope: SPRish

Need a scope: SPRish

I have an old AR sitting in the safe that I should probably get usable. 18” WOA SPR barrel and the old Badger Ordnance Stabilizer handguard.

What’s out there in scope land for this beast? I’m thinking something in the 1-6/2-10 range. Budget will be a factor, the 1-10 Razor looks awesome but no way I can drop $2,000 right now.

I do have an extra 1” Larue SPR mount in the junk drawer but would be open to other mounts or scope sizes.

Do you dial for shots?

MOA or MILS?

How critical a factor is weight?

That would help with suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Do you dial for shots?

MOA or MILS?

How critical a factor is weight?

That would help with suggestions.
    I have dialed on my .308 but it’s the only thing I have actually stretched out seriously.

Don’t care on MOA mils. I have a Mark 3 10x on the .308 that is mil dot/moa knobs.

Guns already a little heavy but I’m figuring to get a decent scope in an acceptable price range I’ll have to give up some weight.

Don’t have an identified role for this maybe shooting at coyotes at my buddies or just a general purpose rifle but tired of seeing it and knowing it is next to worthless sitting naked in the safe.

Trijicon just replaced their Accupoint line with the new Credo line.

In that lineup is a 2-10x36 that is a perfect match for an SPR. I haven't received mine yet from SWFA, but I'll report back on quality. Supposedly they're basically Accupoints but with Christmas tree reticles, different throw systems, and some other detail I can't remember.

It's quality middle of the road, though. You can certainly go cheaper if you want.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    What size rings is the mount? Check Kyle Defoor’s blog or instagram. He just posted about his newest recce

I really like the EOTech Vudu.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Here is one that would fit the bill.

I have numerous SWFAs. Not this model, but SWFAs are generally G2G, and I have put a fair number of rounds through them on everything from 5.56 guns to .300 wm.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x...e-scope-1.html

Has a 5.56 BDC.

If they come out with a MIL/MIL version which rumor has it may be in the works (but who knows how long its going to take), I will put one or two on ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What size rings is the mount? Check Kyle Defoor’s blog or instagram. He just posted about his newest recce
    1” Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Here is one that would fit the bill.

I have numerous SWFAs. Not this model, but SWFAs are generally G2G, and I have put a fair number of rounds through them on everything from 5.56 guns to .300 wm.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-2-5-10x...e-scope-1.html

Has a 5.56 BDC.

If they come out with a MIL/MIL version which rumor has it may be in the works (but who knows how long its going to take), I will put one or two on ARs.
    I was just reading about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Trijicon just replaced their Accupoint line with the new Credo line.

In that lineup is a 2-10x36 that is a perfect match for an SPR. I haven't received mine yet from SWFA, but I'll report back on quality. Supposedly they're basically Accupoints but with Christmas tree reticles, different throw systems, and some other detail I can't remember.

It's quality middle of the road, though. You can certainly go cheaper if you want.
    I saw this announced and immediately thought how a FFP 2-10x36 optic with exposed RTZ elevation turret sounded pretty good for my Tikka CTR. I have no experience with that type of reticle, so I can't say whether I'd like it or not in use, but it's considerably better than what Trijicon has offered historically. Credo optics use an LED (2032 battery) for illumination, so they seem to have spawned from the Accupower line.

Looking forward to your feedback on this. What are you putting it on?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Looking forward to your feedback on this. What are you putting it on?
    Mk 12 Mod 1 by Monty LeClair (just came in today!). AEM-5 in NFA jail. Hoping to hit the western Virginia hills with this.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List