Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a scope: SPRish

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Mk 12 Mod 1 by Monty LeClair (just came in today!). AEM-5 in NFA jail. Hoping to hit the western Virginia hills with this.
    If I had a dime for every visit I've made to the Centurion page eyeballing those uppers, I probably could have paid for one already.

Nice choices all around. Of course you'll start a new thread about Mk12's when it's all set up, so the rest of us can plot and plan our own.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If I had a dime for every visit I've made to the Centurion page eyeballing those uppers, I probably could have paid for one already.

Nice choices all around. Of course you'll start a new thread about Mk12's when it's all set up, so the rest of us can plot and plan our own.
    Yeah man, totally. I finally came to the realization that modern "civvie" AR15s don't do anything for me, so I've spent the last year transitioning to shit I'm passionate about....including ridiculous shit like the PSL and a Balkan Wars SKS DMR with a Slovene 4x scope.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I have an old AR sitting in the safe that I should probably get usable. 18” WOA SPR barrel and the old Badger Ordnance Stabilizer handguard.

What’s out there in scope land for this beast? I’m thinking something in the 1-6/2-10 range. Budget will be a factor, the 1-10 Razor looks awesome but no way I can drop $2,000 right now.

I do have an extra 1” Larue SPR mount in the junk drawer but would be open to other mounts or scope sizes.
    If weight is not a factor, I would look at the Night Force SHV line. They have a 3-10x and a 4-14 which should fit the bill and can be found used under $1k.

If not, the SWFA has some great options.

Yeah man, totally. I finally came to the realization that modern "civvie" AR15s don't do anything for me, so I've spent the last year transitioning to shit I'm passionate about....including ridiculous shit like the PSL and a Balkan Wars SKS DMR with a Slovene 4x scope.
    I’ve hit the same point with ARs, glad I found this thread as I’m about to pull the trigger on a PRI Mod 0.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I’ve hit the same point with ARs, glad I found this thread as I’m about to pull the trigger on a PRI Mod 0.
    Doooo iiiiiit.

Ammotogo.com has BH Mk262 in stock, and SGAmmo.com had the IMI Mk262 copycat in stock the last time I checked.

eSilencers.com probably still has the AEM-5 in stock as well.

Doooo iiiiiit.

Ammotogo.com has BH Mk262 in stock, and SGAmmo.com had the IMI Mk262 copycat in stock the last time I checked.

eSilencers.com probably still has the AEM-5 in stock as well.
    Once I get the funding in the next few weeks I’ll be “stimulating” PRI

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Once I get the funding in the next few weeks I’ll be “stimulating” PRI
    Nothing against PRI, but also consider Centurion Arms. Monty is a former SEAL sniper with pretty extensive history in weapons development and I believe is the current sole source supplier for Crane's SPR/Recce barrels. Other people sell Douglas barrels, but as I understand it nobody sells the actual SPR/Recce spec.

He and his wife Corrie run the shop, they're an absolute pleasure to deal with.

The SPR format really lends itself to holds over dialing although the latter can obviously be done if necessary. I personally think the Horus type reticles work really well in an SPR. Also a 50mm objective or so fits a standard AR height over bore ( and most one-piece mounts) so IMO there's no reason not to go with a smaller objective unless weight is a driving factor.

Nothing against PRI, but also consider Centurion Arms. Monty is a former SEAL sniper with pretty extensive history in weapons development and I believe is the current sole source supplier for Crane's SPR/Recce barrels. Other people sell Douglas barrels, but as I understand it nobody sells the actual SPR/Recce spec.

He and his wife Corrie run the shop, they're an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    Echoing this. Terrific folks with superb customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Echoing this. Terrific folks with superb customer service.
    I’ll pile on here. I had a great experience with them going above and beyond to resolve an issue that wasn’t even their fault.

This was the first 5 shot group I shot out of the barrel, before the scope was even zeroed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List