Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verifying glock trigger bar fit?

I suspect OP may have misunderstood reading about correct angle and contact between the striker and trigger bar; there is a minimum amount required to be within spec and considered safe -- something that aggressive polishers doing the .25 cent trigger job sometimes ruin.

Otherwise, OP, part the point of a Glock is that the factory parts are interchangeable without requiring fitting.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Could be maybe it was just a liability statement on the places website. I cant find it again, I thought maybe I read it on overwatch precision but I didnt see it when I looked this morning. I was looking at trigger upgrades recently and came across this warning that it should be "fitted" by a qualified gunsmith. But now I am betting its just a legal statement to CYA!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What everyone said about fitting, but I suspect the sites are referring to confirming proper trigger bar / firing pin engagement using the armorer’s slide cover plate:

Yup this

The factories position is very strictly that you shouldn't be bending or polishing or anything else to get this to work.

But that at all times the trigger bar and striker should have at least two thirds contact. If not change the parts out. This should be checked every time an armourer changes those parts.

While they're really easy guns to work on, I fix issues related to YouTube Armourers courses all the time.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    AFAIK nobody makes their own trigger bar, they just use OEM’s and put their own trigger on it.

While it’s not impossible a factory trigger and striker combo may have issues (that is, not a safe amount of engagement), you see that much more often with aftermarket triggers and strikers. The bubba fix is to bend the crucifix up. Personally, I wouldn’t trust that one bit.

If you plan to mess around with your trigger at all, the armorer’s plate is a must-have.
    Not true, what is this?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Ok, since two people said it now, I happily admit I was wrong. I’m always glad to learn more.

In my defense, one of the Big Name aftermarket trigger companies said on Facebook that everybody uses OEM bars, and I had no reason to doubt that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List