Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verifying glock trigger bar fit?

Verifying glock trigger bar fit?

Looking at some sights about glock triggers they said the trigger bar is mass produced, of course, but it needs to have fit verified in your individual glock for safety. Is that true and if so how does one verify and what options of fit is off, do we randomly try another or do a little bending/sanding whatever?

Please elaborate on “Looking at some sights”. Can you provide a link?

I have owned dozens and worked on a large number and I have never seen a new Glock trigger that did not work unless Bubba worked on it.

Whatever source told you a new Glock needs sanding or fitment of its parts should be completely and immediately disregarded.

Glockstore will give you the AIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Looking at some sights about glock triggers they said the trigger bar is mass produced, of course, but it needs to have fit verified in your individual glock for safety. Is that true and if so how does one verify and what options of fit is off, do we randomly try another or do a little bending/sanding whatever?
    Typically not a good idea. If you have problems with your pistol, you should contact Glock or a certified Glock armorer. There are those that can self diagnose issues and handle it themselves but the nature of this question leads to the above recommendation.

Bending and sanding... 2 things you should never do to a Glock trigger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    What everyone said about fitting, but I suspect the sites are referring to confirming proper trigger bar / firing pin engagement using the armorer’s slide cover plate:

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    AFAIK nobody makes their own trigger bar, they just use OEM’s and put their own trigger on it.

While it’s not impossible a factory trigger and striker combo may have issues (that is, not a safe amount of engagement), you see that much more often with aftermarket triggers and strikers. The bubba fix is to bend the crucifix up. Personally, I wouldn’t trust that one bit.

If you plan to mess around with your trigger at all, the armorer’s plate is a must-have.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Whatever source told you a new Glock needs sanding or fitment of its parts should be completely and immediately disregarded.
    True, but if I sold Glock parts I’d definitely have a disclaimer saying it needs to be installed and safety/function checked by a gunsmith. Obviously you’re not going to do that, but at least I can say I told you.

User Tag List