Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light mount options for freak guns

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Update on my Amazon mount:

Works fine with the exception of sliding during recoil. They included some peel and stick rubber pads with it, but they appear a bit thick. I’m going to cut a couple strips of no-skid tape to put between the mount and barrel/mag tube. That should secure it nicely. Found out tonight how damn inadequate that original P61 bulb is. Coyotes out back were danger close this evening and I didn’t have enough light to take care of business. I was “reverse-Acme’d” Meep Meep!!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Streamlight makes a mount that attaches to shotgun mag tubes. They have been around at least 20 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-M.../dp/B001DBDGME
    I have used these on 12 and 20 gauge guns in the past. I just would put a few careful wraps of electrical or gorilla tape on the 20 gauge mag tube to bulk up the diameter a little. The 20s were occasional use house and travel guns and were not subjected to a steady training schedule.

I tried the Streamlight mount on a Nordic magazine tube (27mm outside diameter). There seemed to be no realistic way to make it fit without resorting to a router I don't have.

Anyone have a suggestion to mount a light on a Nordic aftermarket mag tube?
    My apologies to weasels.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The truck with the blue swoosh delivered my drop in for my 6P yesterday. Difference is night and day. (Hehehe)
    Next week hopefully get the time to run some basic drills and make sure the mount no longer slides around.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If you find that it does, try the Streamlight 870 mount:

Name:  IMG_3287.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  24.2 KB
    It's secured by the magazine cap or mag tube extension and it works splendidly. It's not the sexiest looking thing out there, but it's highly effective.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List