Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light mount options for freak guns

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

I swear, I don’t have any affiliation with ElZetta, and although I own the AR A-2 sight mount, do don’t own this one or have any experience with it, endorse it or otherwise.
    Just an FYI for ya.
    I do own this mount. It is currently being used to mount a 1st generation Streamlight Poly-tac to my wife's 20 ga. Mossberg 510 Mini.
    https://www.mossberg.com/product/510...e-field-50485/

Name:  IMG_20200410_113251633.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20200410_113319144.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20200410_113333100.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  29.6 KB

The light really activates the green FO tube on the vent rib (magnetic mount augmented with zip-ties.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Here’s another Amazon find. I have it mounted up and will give a workout this week and report back.

Name:  29124EB4-9091-4507-ABCB-347D200D318B.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  45.8 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Streamlight makes a mount that attaches to shotgun mag tubes. They have been around at least 20 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-M.../dp/B001DBDGME

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a related question... does anyone know of a good light mount for a freak-sized hand light? Specifically, my Streamlight ProTac 2L-X.

I've had this light for a while and while nice, it's too big to practically carry but would probably be great on my cheap-o AR. However, it has a diameter of ~0.9 inches according to Streamlight, and all the ring mounts I can find are for 1.00" or 0.80" lights. Any suggestions?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have a related question... does anyone know of a good light mount for a freak-sized hand light? Specifically, my Streamlight ProTac 2L-X.

I've had this light for a while and while nice, it's too big to practically carry but would probably be great on my cheap-o AR. However, it has a diameter of ~0.9 inches according to Streamlight, and all the ring mounts I can find are for 1.00" or 0.80" lights. Any suggestions?
    You can always try shimming a cheap 1.0 mount with a vareity of materials. We used rubber shims (factory produced) all the time on handle bar mounted accessories when I was a bicycle mechanic and they held up fine if properly installed. They’re exposed to a fair amount of vibration and shock.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    You can always try shimming a cheap 1.0 mount with a vareity of materials. We used rubber shims (factory produced) all the time on handle bar mounted accessories when I was a bicycle mechanic and they held up fine if properly installed. They’re exposed to a fair amount of vibration and shock.
    hmmm... what kind of material would you recommend I use to shim? Bike inner tube or similar? We just moved so I jettisoned a lot of stuff in my "misc crap" pile.

Site Supporter
    hmmm... what kind of material would you recommend I use to shim? Bike inner tube or similar? We just moved so I jettisoned a lot of stuff in my "misc crap" pile.
    That’s probably what I would try first, just make sure to give it a wipe down to remove any residual dirt or talc it might have on it. My other suggestion would be to make sure it feels somewhat snug as the screws for the mount start to engage since it will compress quite a bit. The other idea I just remembered that we used as well would be a couple layers of scotch super 88 electrical tape around the light.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Cut strips from a plastic milk jug...???
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    You can just wrap it with electrical tape. Ive seen it used back in the day and it resists Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So I see there are two main parts of that with a seam between them. Do those slide back and forth to adjust the spacing between the tube centerlines? Curious, as I recently attempted to install a Nordic 12-ga clamp on an 870P and was surprised when it really didn't fit well at all with the spacing between the Nordic mag extension and the Remington 18 1/2-in bead sight barrel. Seems like if you were going to make one clamp, you'd make it fit that gun perfectly.
    I agree, and after your observation, looked at the ElZetta, I came across this site and mount. Attaches to the tube,available in three diameters, 1", 25mm, 26mm to address your valid size concerns. My Scattergun Tech extension is 26mm, please to see an exact fit.

https://www.mountsplus.com/lm-shotgun-light-mount.html

I have not ordered it yet, or have any first hand experience. It is available on Amazon, but I'd prefer to support these guys.

User Tag List