Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light mount options for freak guns

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar

Light mount options for freak guns

As I occasionally mention, I have a Valtro PM5 I use for nothing in particular...but I could.

What it does not have is a light. Is there a legit option for clamping to barrels, like the way that Magpul sling mount works?

Name:  Magpul-870-04.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  43.6 KB

Pour l'example:

https://www.mountsplus.com/cdm-gear-roc-12r.html

Does anybody mount lights like this? Nobody is going to make a Valtro integral light/forend thing so I'm exploring options that don't involve cutting up the original furniture.

The CDM mounts are truly good-to-go. I think the clamping design has some flexibility and would work on guns not listed for it. They come with film-like adhesive cushions that protect the gun finish and prevent slipping without having to crank the mounting down screw down stupid hard. I used this one on the 1187 below;

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    That looks really perfect. Amazon has it out of stock, unfortunately.

https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

I swear, I don’t have any affiliation with ElZetta, and although I own the AR A-2 sight mount, do don’t own this one or have any experience with it, endorse it or otherwise.
    Just an FYI for ya.

I can't believe I wasn't aware of that. I like Elzetta stuff a lot.

Nordic.... Kinda. It doesn't direct mount a light, but it does allow mounting of a light to the clamp.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

I swear, I don’t have any affiliation with ElZetta, and although I own the AR A-2 sight mount, do don’t own this one or have any experience with it, endorse it or otherwise.
    Just an FYI for ya.
    So I see there are two main parts of that with a seam between them. Do those slide back and forth to adjust the spacing between the tube centerlines? Curious, as I recently attempted to install a Nordic 12-ga clamp on an 870P and was surprised when it really didn't fit well at all with the spacing between the Nordic mag extension and the Remington 18 1/2-in bead sight barrel. Seems like if you were going to make one clamp, you'd make it fit that gun perfectly.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I can't believe I wasn't aware of that. I like Elzetta stuff a lot.
    Does your gun have a barrel nut or something, like in the picture you posted, the Elzetta mount could rest against?

With my 11-87 and a Remington magazine extension, I noticed wither the Elzetta light mount would slide forward during recoil, or if I cranked down on the mounting screws enough to keep it from sliding the amount of pressure the mount put on the magazine tube made the follower stick.
    Last edited by That Guy; 04-06-2020 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Inability to quote correct post, for one thing. Unclear sentence structure, for another.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So I see there are two main parts of that with a seam between them. Do those slide back and forth to adjust the spacing between the tube centerlines? Curious, as I recently attempted to install a Nordic 12-ga clamp on an 870P and was surprised when it really didn't fit well at all with the spacing between the Nordic mag extension and the Remington 18 1/2-in bead sight barrel. Seems like if you were going to make one clamp, you'd make it fit that gun perfectly.
    Sorry my previous post was not clear, "I do not" own this mount. I don't have an answer to sizing and fit. I have the same concern. Just put a +3 Scattergun Tech on my Wingmaster & the tubes are not the same diameter. https://www.mountsplus.com/elzetta-z...lytac-led.html has this ElZetta and a single tube mount, no experience with it either and the single tube mount is backordered. L&M Enterprises.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alembic; 04-06-2020 at 07:49 AM.

User Tag List