Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 327 snubby?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I love both my S&W Model 327....which actually surprised me because I got it simply to help out a young industry guy who needed some funds headed into the police academy and I ended up loving the thing.
    Since you have a pair of them, have you thought about getting a double shoulder rig? IIRC Skeeter Skelton had two double shoulder rigs, one for a pair of Colt Commanders or Lt Wt Commanders & the other for a pair of Ruger Speed Six/Security Six.

Besides benefits of balance I'd think they be a lot slicker than the old Ruger DA revolvers, there is something about the DA trigger on the 8 shot N frames that really works well for me.

Site Supporter
    Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, if you like your 327 snub it's OK with me, but I think those things define FUGLY. Had S&W put a 3.5" barrel on a light weight, fixed sight, 8-shooter, I would stand in line to buy one.

Just sayin',
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    Since you have a pair of them, have you thought about getting a double shoulder rig? IIRC Skeeter Skelton had two double shoulder rigs, one for a pair of Colt Commanders or Lt Wt Commanders & the other for a pair of Ruger Speed Six/Security Six.

Besides benefits of balance I'd think they be a lot slicker than the old Ruger DA revolvers, there is something about the DA trigger on the 8 shot N frames that really works well for me.
    I only have one of each on the S&W 327 and .327 LCR. I do have a 627 Snub that is also awesome, but no matched set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, if you like your 327 snub it's OK with me, but I think those things define FUGLY. Had S&W put a 3.5" barrel on a light weight, fixed sight, 8-shooter, I would stand in line to buy one.

Just sayin',
    Dave
    Keep in mind that I love my 296, so the 327 is only sort of horrible looking.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Keep in mind that I love my 296, so the 327 is only sort of horrible looking.
    ROTFLMAO!

Dave

I have one...got a good deal on it, and while it’s weird looking, it is a good handling gun. I wouldn’t plan on threading 8 rounds in quickly, even with a moonclip (because the rounds are long and wobbly) but I really dig it for cruising around. I wish DSG could make a rig for it. I have Tucker Coverup for it but it is HUGE. It’s pretty controllable with even hot .357’s for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milt Sparks actually makes an IWB holster for the 327 snub.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Milt Sparks actually makes an IWB holster for the 327 snub.
    Damn, now I really want one.

I've wanted a 327 since this scene in the Sultan Sea (criminally underrated movie.)

https://youtu.be/0SQpPGzdfsc?t=41

For those who have one, how much larger is the 327 vs a J frame.

User Tag List