Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM "MK2" Uppers - RFI

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Interesting video. It seems like a well-designed upgrade to the A2-style upper. But I'll probably stick with the basic version for now, just because it's so well vetted.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So if someone was buying another .300 BLK complete upper from BCM, should they buy the new MK2 upper or the legacy one, and Keymod, MLOK or QRF?

I have both keymod and MLOK. I wish my keymod stuff was MLOK, but not enough to retrofit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So if someone was buying another .300 BLK complete upper from BCM, should they buy the new MK2 upper or the legacy one, and Keymod, MLOK or QRF?
    Keymod is nearly dead. Nowhere near the aftermarket mount/accessory support for Keymod compared to MLOK. Plus Keymod looks like tiny penises.

I would typically be inclined to dismiss something like this as snake oil at worst, minimal to indeterminate value at best, but since it’s coming from BCM an Paul I’m less likely to dismiss it.

That said, unless you’re shooting thousands of rounds a year and experienced enough to tell a difference, I don’t much see the point.

The MK2 complete uppers are the same price as the legacy ones. I just picked one up in .300 BLK with a MLOK handguard, because the non MK2 uppers were out of stock. They did have a legacy upper in QRF, but I wanted something thinner for going in the GR1. I will have a lower with a Law adapter, and hope it fits.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If rigidity is my goal, I’ll just stick with my LMT MRP.

I got a complete BCM with Mk2 upper about two weeks ago, this one: https://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-MK...OVT_p_825.html

Opened the box, mounted an optic, threw some lube on it, shot about 1000 rounds of different loads without issue. Nothing stands out attributable to the receiver yet. The gun is GTG. I'll stretch out the distance and round count in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    If rigidity is my goal, I’ll just stick with my LMT MRP.
    Plenty of experience with the MRPs as running-around and DM guns, they are also GTG. Heavier.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Would love to hear if anyone has experience with suppressed usage and can notice any improvements with the Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Would love to hear if anyone has experience with suppressed usage and can notice any improvements with the Mk2
    I imagine that most of what you’re going to get will be along the lines of “my k&n air filter added 10hp”.

I have a mk2 upper with about 200 rounds, all good to go so far (which you would expect) anyone had more time on one?

User Tag List