Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM "MK2" Uppers - RFI

BCM "MK2" Uppers - RFI

While browsing uppers at the BCM website, I noticed their "MK2" uppers:

"Featuring BCM’s Patent Pending MK2 Upper Receiver
    This proprietary design offers enhanced rigidity over the USGI product. The increased rigidity limits barrel deflection which aids in consistency/accuracy. Less flex also reduces premature damage, wear, and failure of bolt lugs from misalignment. A gas expansion chamber is machined above the charging handle track, combined with dual vents machined at the rear (each side, above charging handle latch) help to redirect and vent gas away the shooters face."

https://bravocompanyusa.com/ar15-upp...ceiver-groups/

This is new to me, but I don't follow the carbine world very closely. Does anybody have experience with the MK2 variation? Is it a significant upgrade?

They’re pretty new on the market, not many reports out at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I just bought one as part of a complete upper, but the weapon isn’t assembled yet because I’m waiting on other parts, nor do I have other non mk2s to compare to. I did watch the mac vid referenced above the other day.

I bought one when they released them for the same price as their non blem complete uppers. I never assembled it into anything though because they're not compatible with Geissele rails and I was going to use it along with my OD green Fed rail that I've had for over a year. I ended up selling it on Tacswap.com and made a few bucks because they were outta stock.

I have the Vltor MUR on a few rifles as my preferred upper because of the improved stiffness / reinforcements. These predate the Mk2 of course, I'd be interested in a comparison of the two, especially the supposed gas redirection or expansion chamber in the Mk2 for suppressed use. BCM isn't in the business of selling snake oil in my experience so I imagine there is some legitimacy to the claim.

So if someone was buying another .300 BLK complete upper from BCM, should they buy the new MK2 upper or the legacy one, and Keymod, MLOK or QRF?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So if someone was buying another .300 BLK complete upper from BCM, should they buy the new MK2 upper or the legacy one, and Keymod, MLOK or QRF?
    I don't see a reason not to go with the MK2 unless you want to use a rail that isn't compatible with it. I have large mitts. Their MCMR/KMR rails are almost too narrow in diameter. It feels like I'm c-clamping a pencil. I'd go with the QRF, but I'm a sucker for quad rails.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't think the Mk2 adds anything for a shorter barrel. I actually prefer Keymod to MLok. I know, it's going to get me killed in the streets, and only MLok is strong enough if you are Operator As Fuck.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't think the Mk2 adds anything for a shorter barrel. I actually prefer Keymod to MLok. I know, it's going to get me killed in the streets, and only MLok is strong enough if you are Operator As Fuck.
    Keymod? Definitely gettin kilt in da streetz. I only have one and its the original magnesium KMR for the wife's gun, which means light weight was the priority. Its also the HD gun, but my KAC is the driveway gun so the KMR should never actually go into da streetz.

Definitely MK2 and either MCMR or QRF. The nice thing is they all use the same mounting system so you could swap them out.

User Tag List