Thread: Thanks P-F donors

Thanks P-F donors

Just wanted to say thanks again to all of the pistol-forum donors who kept this thing going. So far we’ve reached over 15 veterans and first responders this year, despite social distancing protocols. In fact, our business model creates social distancing, and that is part of the point. We’ve had a handful of predator hunting events, some fishing, and to my surprise, several shooting events. These seem to be quite popular among the EMS and Firefighters. Go figure?! The best part is the inclusion of the family members, who have also benefited from our programs.

Now social distancing is creating some issues as businesses we rely on are closed. And we cannot have the working party events that I had hoped for to get our meeting area established, but plans are in place and I’m optimistic we will be up and running at full capacity by mid-summer. We are hosting our first youth hunt in September, and it is already booked full, with a standby list!

I just wanted to say thanks once again. Without the overwhelming generosity of our members, this organization would have faded away. Instead, we’ve got two veterans who were on the verge of contemplating checking out now getting professional help, and their lives are getting back on track. Not to mention the healing that hs taken place as a natural part of our approach to getting people involved in our activities.

Thank you.

————————————————————-BREAK————————————————————-

Now........

I hate to double dip a thank you note with a “give us more money” post, but in the interest of efficiency, I will.

We are hosting a raffle, which has been seriously hamstrung by social distancing so I’ll advertise it here:

Grand prize is a 3-Day Hunt on our 960 acre property in southern VA, a T/C Compass rifle in .308, Vortex scope, and premium ammo from Black Butterfly. Only 500 tickets will be sold, and I’m here to tell you that we will be lucky to sell half of those given the current state of society and lack of face to face interactions, so the odds are ever in your favor should you choose to buy a ticket.

Second prize is a TenPoint Sniper crossbow package with bolts and Muzzy broad heads.
    Third prize is a BassPro gift card.

If you’re interested, hit me up (givingbackLLC123@gmail.com) and we will figure out how to get you tickets while not running afoul of the law, or social distancing protocols. Drawing will be held Memorial Day at noon. Do not need to be present to win. However, due to gaming laws, the Department of Agriculture (of all people) say we can only offer this raffle to VA residents over 18.

Name:  F150D7CF-2717-431D-B52A-5911623C8A38.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 04-03-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Sean, a quick question. For those of us not in Virginia, can I make a donation and then you give the associated raffle tickets to something you think is worthy?

Handing a ticket to a young servicemember home on leave or back from a deployment would just tickle me to death.

Thanks again, I am so happy to read that a difference is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Sean, a quick question. For those of us not in Virginia, can I make a donation and then you give the associated raffle tickets to something you think is worthy?

Handing a ticket to a young servicemember home on leave or back from a deployment would just tickle me to death.

Perfect idea. I’d be in for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Perfect idea. I’d be in for that.
    This.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

We can certainly make arrangements for something like that. I know of several younger ladies and gentlemen who honestly don’t have the $10 to waste on games of chance. Most of our first responders here are volunteers, and the average income is well below the national averages. Even the paid employees work for multiple agencies to make ends meet. Most of our veterans we’ve been working with have already bought tickets, but some to give out to first responders would be a wonderful idea.

Now caveat to that is we are a 501(c)(3) now, and donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. So that is also an option, but I like the idea of being able to hand out tickets to the local squads.

Also, pending COVID quarantines ending, we’re still planning to host a range day for all of the members who generously donated before we became a nonprofit on June 27th. Our range is on the VA/NC border, on the VA side, roughly an hour south of Roanoke. Training and sharing knowledge will be the priority. But I’ll be breaking out the cool kid toys and machineguns, etc. as well.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Thank you very much, Sean. That is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking. There are so many folks trying to help their neighbors, but have their own income slashed. A ticket might brighten their day.

I wish I had some PPE to send your way for the first responders you mentioned, but I gave what I had to a couple of elderly and medically fragile neighbors. I'll shoot you an email today to the address you posted.

Again, thank you so very much for what you and your Teammates are doing.

You guys are my teammates too. I’d be pretty fucking arrogant to take any credit. I saw a void, came up with the idea, but it’s been wholly people like you guys that have made this happen. I just Get to be the guy who pretends to know what he is doing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This.
    Same here.

User Tag List