• No, bubbles belong only in soda or beer

4 8.51%
  • How f'ing bored are you, dude?

7 14.89%
  • #BidetMasterRace

1 2.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbonated Water/Seltzer Poll and Thread

I strongly prefer carbonated beverages, including water.

With that said, carbonated water doesn't hydrate me as well. So I treat carbonated water like soft drinks and alcohol, and drink plain water for hydration.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have to admit, I am genuinely surprised at the response this thread has generated. What was vaguely intended as content generation/bored posting turned into an interesting thread with some good technical info in it. I picked up some ideas and brands to follow up on.

P-F does not fail to amaze me from time-to-time.

Now, onto a shit post - is @LittleLebowski using carbonated water for his bidet's or not? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I stick to vodka and soda now. Never drank it until a few months ago. Sobieski and my beloved Food Lion Mandarin orange flavor seltzer.
    I like Sobieski too. It's better that lots of higher priced Vodkas. You may know already, but it's named for King John III Sobieski of Poland, who defeated the Turks at Vienna in 1683, with the largest cavalry charge in history.

There is some imagery related to this molded into the bottom perimeter of the bottle on the 1.75 liter bottles. Another image in the molded decoration looks like a prairie dog sitting up, waiting to be shot. I have no idea why it's there....but I like it.

Rosco

Found this explanation of the Sobieski bottle artwork...

"To deliver these messages, the new bottle is a dramatically simple monolithic shape, with an engraved synoptic along the base that graphically captures the essence of Jan III Sobieski’s life story. Central to the synoptic is the Lion—referring to his nickname ‘The Lion of Poland’—while other elements include his dates of birth and death, a mounted knight representing his bravery as a warrior, a quill to show his talent as a poet, a heart for his 30 year love affair with his wife Marie Casimir, a shield to resemble a constellation named after him, and an otter and lynx—animals which he domesticated during his reign".

So I guess the little guy is an otter. I've seen otters and I've seen prairie dogs. I sez it's a PRAIRIE DOG!

There's also this...

"The simplicity of the bottle shape and the elegant synoptic engraving are brought together by a bold and assertive logo: a strong red background with white lettering using a solid, confident type-face to push home the ‘honest, no-pretence’ message. A repeat of the brand synoptic in silver embellishes the top of the label".

Egad. That sounds like something right out of Tom Wolfe's "The Painted Word".

Rosco

User Tag List