Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Navy Fires Theodore Roosevelt Captain

Site Supporter
    Acting Sec. vs Roosevelt descendant vs. National Security Lawyer

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/o...n-crozier.html

On the news, they played a tape of Modly's comments to the crew with a clear WTF from someone after he was done.

I’m thinking we may have found the person who was most embarrassed by the TR debacle. Wonder if it was his idea for the shore parade and other asshattery that put sailors in contact with people of unknown health.

Wonder who leaked the captains letter. Maybe he’s the leaker as well.

Flew Bravos back in the day with CAPT Crozier so I will refrain from commentary on who is right in the cluster, other than to say he is a good man.

What I will happily point out for the benefit of my fellow aviators is POTUS remarks on CAPT Crozier:

'He started off as a helicopter pilot. They called him chopper. He was a great helicopter pilot. Takes tremendous skill. Then he went to F-16s or f-18's and he was tremendous pilot and then he was very smart, he studied nuclear energy and he was fantastic and very few people have the aptitude, that they have the mentality to do that. Nuclear energy is very complex, it's very hard, very few people can do it. And he did it well.'

In my outfit INSTANT!!!!! Callsign change to "BIGLEY"

Acting Secretary of the Navy now "resigns" after calling Crozier "stupid or naive."

"Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I believe he was right to do so. I don't agree with the SECNAV having what appears to have been a temper tantrum in front of the troops.

Good riddance.

I don't think what the Capt did was "right" necessarily, but I get the feeling it was done from a place of desperation after getting nothing but lip service from his higher.

On the other hand, I haven't been impressed at all with this moldy prick. Going to the ship and shit talking the Captain to his crew was basically unforgivable in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I believe he was right to do so. I don't agree with the SECNAV having what appears to have been a temper tantrum in front of the troops.
    Seriously inappropriate. He must have been drunk when they taught leadership at the Boat Skool.

(Or they teach a weird type of it at Hahvahd.)

Anyway, I suspect that this: has only a tenuous relationship to the truth. Sort of like jumping off the cliff when the firing party is given the "aim" order.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Given all this, combined with the 7th fleet debacles of recent years, I have serious questions about whether the upper echelons of the US Navy should be entrusted with nuclear weapons and power plants.

I think while we're focused on this soap opera, there's at least one nuclear carrier that is OCONUS that has 60% of the crew dxd with Corona.

That's a big fucking deal.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Given all this, combined with the 7th fleet debacles of recent years, I have serious questions about whether the upper echelons of the US Navy should be entrusted with nuclear weapons and power plants.

I think while we're focused on this soap opera, there's at least one nuclear carrier that is OCONUS that has 60% of the crew dxd with Corona.

That's a big fucking deal.
    Not to mention the regular occurrence of problems within the teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List