Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Navy Fires Theodore Roosevelt Captain

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not to mention the regular occurrence of problems within the teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Compared to capital ships / big Navy the teams are small potatoes.

Hell, you should be telling me that.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Compared to capital ships / big Navy the teams are small potatoes.

Hell, you should be telling me that.
    They are, but due to the sensitive nature of their missions and the level of trust commanders are supposed to be able to have in SOF, they’re not insignificant.

Especially killing another member of American SOF. All of the guys with direct involvement to that should’ve been tried for treason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Does he have ball bearings?

Given the LCS, Zumwalt and Ford programs problems, my oh my.

Anyone notice the Marines giving up all their armor, it seems - to be more flexible to deal with China in the Pacific?

China - no penicillin for you! Have fun in foreign ports with the gals!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Modly’s little temper tantrum aboard the TR cost the taxpayers about a quarter-mil. Over 35 hours of flight time in a Gulfstream G550 at about $7K/hr.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Modly’s little temper tantrum aboard the TR cost the taxpayers about a quarter-mil. Over 35 hours of flight time in a Gulfstream G550 at about $7K/hr.
    Shoulda used Microsoft Teams. Or Zoom. Or just not done it at all.

The longer this goes the more I'm on the CO's side. I honestly tried to give both sides the benefit of the doubt and not make it a bad guy vs good guy narrative based on the information we had, but this dude is shooting that in the ass.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Let's see if this changes the opinion. Or not.

https://apnews.com/c5a9bb159bbf34532783c9dd55ce0c89

A member of the crew of the coronavirus-infected USS Theodore Roosevelt warship died Monday of complications related to the disease, the Navy said, adding to setbacks for the sidelined aircraft carrier.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hmmm--maybe the Captain was correct in his concerns after all. But hey, that is crazy thinking; why would the person directly responsible for the safety of his ship have more knowledge about the crew condition than the omniscient bureaucrats thousands of miles away in DC....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Let's see if this changes the opinion. Or not.

https://apnews.com/c5a9bb159bbf34532783c9dd55ce0c89
    They’re young and healthy they’ll all be fine.......it’s just the flu.

Site Supporter
    Well past the edge of my lane. I have never served in the military.

From the outside looking in-It seems to me that you had an exceptional officer in every way given his career path to date.

1. I have no doubt that he was admiral bound

2. I have no doubt that everybody who was supposed to know the condition of his ship/crew re COVID etc. was in the loop in REAL time, the WHOLE time

3. I have no doubt that he "sounded the alarm" and got the continual stiff arm from the higher ups for the better part of a week

4. I have no doubt he had the a choice- do I stay the course or do I take care of the 6000 souls under my command-EVEN at the cost of my career and "embarrassing Big Navy."

5. He made his choice and continued to communicate his concerns via an unclassified system (no evidence to date that was improper) knowing that the information was likely to leave the Navy and get picked up by the press (which is not the same thing as leaking it himself nor is there evidence to date that he did so) knowing that the issue would come to a head at a great personal and professional cost to himself and to the ultimate benefit of the 6000 souls he was responsible for.

6. Here we are.

User Tag List