Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy Fires Theodore Roosevelt Captain

Navy Fires Theodore Roosevelt Captain

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The CAP is a native of just north of SF.

Whatever his politics - it seems that the media is more than happy to publish his letter in an attempt to make the Admin look bad.

I commend the CAP for caring for his troops, that said if I were China, or Rocketman, or even Putin looking to never let a "crisis go to waste," I'd be very interested in knowing that the USA's ability to project force has been greatly diminished. Seems to me that this news should have been kept more hush hush.

Absent further detail, Captain Crozier had the moral courage to stand up for his sailors and embarrassed the chain of command. SECNAV, having the moral courage of a startled opossum, killed the messenger.

Bravo Zulu, Captain Crozier!

I am frightened to find out the process that led to this person being in command of a nuclear aircraft carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I am frightened to find out the process that led to this person being in command of a nuclear aircraft carrier.
    TR's 16th Commanding Officer
    Captain Brett E. Crozier

Commanding Officer

USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT CVN-71

Captain Brett E. Crozier, a native of Santa Rosa, CA, graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1992 and was designated a Naval Aviator in 1994. He received his Master’s Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the Naval War College in 2007, and completed Nuclear Power School in 2014.

His aviation tours include assignments with the “Easyriders” of HSL-37, the “Warhawks” of VFA-97, “Mighty Shrikes” of VFA-94, the “Rough Raiders” of VFA-125, and again with the “Mighty Shrikes” of VFA-94 as the Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. He has made multiple deployments in support of U.S. 3rd, 5th, and 7th Fleet operations to include numerous exercises and Operations Southern Watch and Iraqi Freedom.

Captain Crozier’s shore assignments include serving as an aviation detailer and retention program manager with Navy Personnel Command, and as a CJTF Deputy Director for NATO’s Operation Unified Protector while assigned as an Operations Officer to Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO in Naples, Italy.

In April 2014, he reported as the Executive Officer of USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76). During this tour, the Reagan completed multiple exercises, deployments, and maintenance availabilities, and executed a homeport shift from San Diego, CA, to Yokosuka, Japan to serve as the Nation’s forward deployed aircraft carrier.

He took command of the USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19) in Yokosuka, Japan in June of 2017 and led the ship out of an extensive dry-dock availability and back to operations at sea as the Command Ship for Commander, U.S. 7th Fleet.

Captain Crozier has accumulated over 3,000 helicopter and tactical jet flight hours and has been awarded the Legion of Merit, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and various unit commendations, service and campaign awards
    Yes, absolutely tragic that an officer with helicopter and strike fighter experience, higher education in national security and strategy, training in nuclear power, and command experience on the command ship for the 7th Fleet should be appointed to command one of our premier warships. What the heck was the Navy thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Yes, absolutely tragic that an officer with helicopter and strike fighter experience, higher education in national security and strategy, training in nuclear power, and command experience on the command ship for the 7th Fleet should be appointed to command one of our premier warships. What the heck was the Navy thinking...
    Yup, that's worrisome. 'If it's grey, stay away.'

Just out of curiosity, do you know where his direct superior was while he was writing this letter and copying all these folks? Seeing how this information is readily available to anyone that cares to look?

Yup, that's worrisome. 'If it's grey, stay away.'

Just out of curiosity, do you know where his direct superior was while he was writing this letter and copying all these folks? Seeing how this information is readily available to anyone that cares to look?
    And you don't think he walked down the corridor to have that discussion? Given his background Captain Crozier had to know he was committing career suicide and did it anyways. That's strong stuff. My experience says there are Navy officers that would walk over the backs of their crew for a shot at a commendation medal; and then there's the ones that would walk through fire for their crew. I've not served with Captain Crozier so don't know but the indications are he fits in the latter not the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    And you don't think he walked down the corridor to have that discussion? Given his background Captain Crozier had to know he was committing career suicide and did it anyways. That's strong stuff. My experience says there are Navy officers that would walk over the backs of their crew for a shot at a commendation medal; and then there's the ones that would walk through fire for their crew. I've not served with Captain Crozier so don't know but the indications are he fits in the latter not the former.
    I have not served, period. I would like to see anything indicating that he responded to the situation correctly, because that would make me feel a lot better.

I don't know if he walked down the corridor to have that discussion or not.
    'Cozier’s letter, which was first published by the San Francisco Chronicle, was reportedly sent up the captain’s immediate chain of command in a “non-secure, unclassified” email that included “20 or 30” additional recipients, acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly told reporters Thursday.'

That doesn't sound like he did, or if he did, he didn't like the result and decided to respond by petulantly writing a letter and CCing folks that would leak it. Do you know anything about Guam and the logistics inherent in doing what he proposed?

'“If he had walked in with that list of concerns to his immediate supervisor and said, ‘Hey, let’s work together on this.’ And they work together on it … then we would not be here talking about this and that commanding officer will probably still be in command right now.”

Modly added that making the letter publicly available — the Navy remains unaware of who leaked it — could especially impact families of sailors by burdening them with unwarranted concern.

“The reality of what’s happening on the ship right now is we have about 114 sailors who have tested positive. Not a single one of them has been hospitalized,” Modly said.'

This wouldn't be the first time the government lied, the Navy lied, or particular persons in Navy administration lied, but giving an absence of any evidence of that, I'm inclined to believe the official story, which looks pretty damn bad for the commanding officer and is definitely grounds for removal from command. At least.

Navy Fires Theodore Roosevelt Captain

I have not served, period. I would like to see anything indicating that he responded to the situation correctly, because that would make me feel a lot better.

I don't know if he walked down the corridor to have that discussion or not.
    'Cozier’s letter, which was first published by the San Francisco Chronicle, was reportedly sent up the captain’s immediate chain of command in a “non-secure, unclassified” email that included “20 or 30” additional recipients, acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly told reporters Thursday.'

That doesn't sound like he did, or if he did, he didn't like the result and decided to respond by petulantly writing a letter and CCing folks that would leak it. Do you know anything about Guam and the logistics inherent in doing what he proposed?

'“If he had walked in with that list of concerns to his immediate supervisor and said, ‘Hey, let’s work together on this.’ And they work together on it … then we would not be here talking about this and that commanding officer will probably still be in command right now.”

Modly added that making the letter publicly available — the Navy remains unaware of who leaked it — could especially impact families of sailors by burdening them with unwarranted concern.

“The reality of what’s happening on the ship right now is we have about 114 sailors who have tested positive. Not a single one of them has been hospitalized,” Modly said.'

This wouldn't be the first time the government lied, the Navy lied, or particular persons in Navy administration lied, but giving an absence of any evidence of that, I'm inclined to believe the official story, which looks pretty damn bad for the commanding officer and is definitely grounds for removal from command. At least.
    ETA - I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The CAP is a native of just north of SF.
    What's that have to do with the price of tea in China? There are good people everywhere in the US.

Captain Brett E. Crozier, a native of Santa Rosa, CA, graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1992 and was designated a Naval Aviator in 1994. He received his Master’s Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the Naval War College in 2007, and completed Nuclear Power School in 2014.

Bunch of other stuff.

Captain Crozier has accumulated over 3,000 helicopter and tactical jet flight hours and has been awarded the Legion of Merit, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and various unit commendations, service and campaign awards

Based on his place of birth, you deduced he's clearly a sleeper agent who did all this cool stuff, busted his ass and studied like a madman for his multiple degrees and risked his life for his country over and over just as cover so he could eventually command a carrier and have a letter get leaked that embarrasses the Administration for exactly one news cycle? Good work, detective.

User Tag List