Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White House coronavirus briefing

White House coronavirus briefing

April 6 Briefing. Just watched in its entirety aprox two hours worth.
    Rating: Excellent
    Its a long watch and I have not been following it.
    If you are getting your info from the news, from any perspective right or left, then I would recommend you pay more attention to these briefings. It was very informative. Both from a medical and political standpoint.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    April 6 Briefing. Just watched in its entirety aprox two hours worth.
    Rating: Excellent
    Its a long watch and I have not been following it.
    If you are getting your info from the news, from any perspective right or left, then I would recommend you pay more attention to these briefings. It was very informative. Both from a medical and political standpoint.
    I found it really interesting listening to the Admiral they have put in charge of logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I found it really interesting listening to the Admiral they have put in charge of logistics.
    He was top notch. The scale of what has been accomplished is nothing short of amazing.

For those who might be interested, you can see them on The White House youtube channel

For those who might be interested, you can see them on The White House youtube channel
    Its obligatory to post link 😁

So Ive tried to watch every day since I originally posted. Again if you are not watching its the best way I feel to stay updated. The job this task force has pulled off in such a short time frame is nothing short of amazing.
    It speaks greatly of American ingenuity intellect logistic and manufacturing prowness.

I agree.

One thing that has become clear to me is many of the reporters are there with an agenda...mostly to instigate controversy. They keep circling back around to the same type questions no matter how many times they hear the answer. Last week, the big push was why the President wouldn't just run right over the Governors and order a nation-wide lock down. Today it was all about how the President doesn't have the authority to over-ride the Governors when it comes to opening the country back up.

I agree.

One thing that has become clear to me is many of the reporters are there with an agenda...mostly to instigate controversy. They keep circling back around to the same type questions no matter how many times they hear the answer. Last week, the big push was why the President wouldn't just run right over the Governors and order a nation-wide lock down. Today it was all about how the President doesn't have the authority to over-ride the Governors when it comes to opening the country back up.
    I haven't been following the criticism of Trump in the MSM because most of it is unwarranted. I do follow what our governor is doing and most of it seems to be working. It looks like the governors of the north eastern states and the west coast are coordinating their management of the lock downs and when those might end. Nobody knows for sure when that might happen but I doubt it will before June.

The pres is not in charge of the lock downs. The governors are and always have been. That will become apparent in the weeks to come.

So the reality is it doesn't matter what the MSM thinks the pres should be doing or not doing or what the pres thinks he's in charge of.

10A.

https://www.oyez.org/cases/1991/91-543
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-14-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I haven't been following the criticism of Trump in the MSM because most of it is unwarranted. I do follow what our governor is doing and most of it seems to be working. It looks like the governors of the north eastern states and the west coast are coordinating their management of the lock downs and when those might end. Nobody knows for sure when that might happen but I doubt it will before June.

The pres is not in charge of the lock downs. The governors are and always have been. That will become apparent in the weeks to come.

So the reality is it doesn't matter what the MSM thinks the pres should be doing or not doing or what the pres thinks he's in charge of.
    It matters to those folks out there who only read headlines. Thing is the President said many times they would be coordinating with the states...because they have responsibility for their own states and each is different.

Here in TX, I think our Governor is going to move very soon.

User Tag List