Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Chicago Police Superintendent is

Site Supporter

New Chicago Police Superintendent is

David Brown from Dallas. Anyone from Dallas here or know him?

I remember some references about him in threads from a couple of years ago. This was one.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=Exodus+dallas

After 30 of service, I can honestly say that Chiefs are politicians with a badge, nothing more.

These folks end up like managers in baseball. They always pop up somewhere else. Most, (not all), of these political appointees are found wanting, in my experience. We had some on the federal level, like Ray Kelly, who would bounce from police commissioner to commissioner of Customs back to police commissioner. I've stated my opinion on his leadership in the past.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Oh Lord. The best example I've ever seen of a Chief who claimed a decision was his that worked out well, when it wasn't his (using a bomb on the shooter who murdered five Dallas officers in July 2016). He levered that into a book telling all how great he was.

But that's not my favorite David Brown story. How about this one: Shortly after he was sworn in as DPD Chief, his 19 year old son murdered a Lancaster PD (south side of Dallas suburb) officer during a DV call. The son was promptly smoke checked by a back up officer from LPD. When it's time to plant cop killer sonny for his dirt nap, Brown ordered his Command Staff to attend the funeral in uniform and using DPD squads. He's a lowlife and that's the best I can say about him.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Oh Lord. The best example I've ever seen of a Chief who claimed a decision was his that worked out well, when it wasn't his (using a bomb on the shooter who murdered five Dallas officers in July 2016). He levered that into a book telling all how great he was.

But that's not my favorite David Brown story. How about this one: Shortly after he was sworn in as DPD Chief, his 19 year old son murdered a Lancaster PD (south side of Dallas suburb) officer during a DV call. The son was promptly smoke checked by a back up officer from LPD. When it's time to plant cop killer sonny for his dirt nap, Brown ordered his Command Staff to attend the funeral in uniform and using DPD squads. He's a lowlife and that's the best I can say about him.
    Do what?

Speaks to what sort of cops were in his "Command Staff".

Rank/job be damned. No way I'd have complied with that order.

Site Supporter
    And then there was Houston's super anti gun Lee P Brown who never went anywhere without an entourage.

Site Supporter

We are in a world of hurt. OMG!

He's a lowlife and that's the best I can say about him.
    That tells me all I need to know.

First off - full disclosure: I am not and have never been a police officer. I have lived in Dallas or the Dallas area since 1990.

I remember exactly what Wayne described. Brown became flavor of the month after we had four Dallas Police Department and one Dallas Area Rapid Transit officers murdered. The media fawned all over him.

I could not find an officer anywhere in Dallas that liked him.

The officers in Dallas have long suffered under poor leadership. It is a tremendous shame, all the DPD officers I know are terrific people, They deserve a lot better than they have been getting.

User Tag List