Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Chicago Police Superintendent is

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Because it maintains the (corrupt) status quo.
    Wayne beat me to it. Being a down state cop in Illinois, I feel for the good cops stuck in the Chicago system.

Police Command Staffs have, for the most part, fell in line with their political bosses. Ineptness, lack of integrity and self deceptive reasoning is the SOP for those jobs. Politicians (Chief) have great gain influence in who gets promoted. We refer to as "Ring" kissers. Well it's not always "ring". Unfortunately I'm certain their is a line forming behind this guy to pledge loyalty to him, not the law or citizens of Chicago.

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    FIFY.
    I don't think that's actually fair. Either deserves or wants.

It may be what the mayor wants, it may be what the aldermen want. But as near as I can tell, the average Chicagoan wants peace and to be left alone. Unfortunately, they just don't have good options for politicians. The politicians in this city come from one party, they control all of the money and certainly rig the elections. When I first moved here, I thought the attitude of the average person here of, "Yea, it's just the Chicago machine at work, you can't fight city hall." was abhorrent.

After watching* two mayoral elections, a gubernatorial election, and half-dozen alderman elections, I get it. For every promising person who wants to do right, there are a dozen scumbags to cut them down and rig elections against them. The people can't out vote the criminal politicians, because by and large there is no one running against them that isn't as bad or worse in many respects. I don't think 'Chicago' the city made up of 5-million people deserves or wants David Brown as Police Superintendent. But it's not as though the average citizen even had a say. Instead this is emblematic of a system so vilely corrupt that short of substantial Federal investigations and indictments it is unlikely to change significantly.

*I remain a resident of Texas, because Illinois prevents me from becoming a resident due to student status. So, I'm registered to vote back home in Texas.

Hopefully, he brings a bunch of Dallas staff with him. From every DALLAS cop I liked they universally had no respect for him as a leader.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Oh Lord. The best example I've ever seen of a Chief who claimed a decision was his that worked out well, when it wasn't his (using a bomb on the shooter who murdered five Dallas officers in July 2016). He levered that into a book telling all how great he was.

But that's not my favorite David Brown story. How about this one: Shortly after he was sworn in as DPD Chief, his 19 year old son murdered a Lancaster PD (south side of Dallas suburb) officer during a DV call. The son was promptly smoke checked by a back up officer from LPD. When it's time to plant cop killer sonny for his dirt nap, Brown ordered his Command Staff to attend the funeral in uniform and using DPD squads. He's a lowlife and that's the best I can say about him.
    As one of the officers who investigated Shaw's murder I will say there were other things that happened that should have resulted in him being fired on the Monday after it happened. I'm just glad we had a strong supervisor in CID at the time.

Site Supporter
    An unfortunate aspect of poor managers is that they train, shape, and promote like-minded thinkers who can haunt an organization for years. I recall FOP members in my first department telling me that one motivation to push for a better retirement scheme was to encourage those who came up under the previous chief to leave early.

A double-edged sword in law enforcement is civil service coupled with state training commissions. The current chief of my former department wanted an assistant chief, presumably a buddy from the Metropolitan or U.S. Capitol Police. While the chief considers himself above the law, he still couldn't hire an AC who did not have Maryland certification (chiefs are excluded from training requirements, but not other executives). People such as he wouldn't sit in a comparative compliance class for seven weeks (nor a recruit school for six or seven months) among the great, unwashed masses. He ended up hiring an AC from Maryland with a good reputation who hopefully will one day replace him.

User Tag List