Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Works for me" ... a slippery slope?

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    ASH, what is the light mount on the 6920? Thanks.
    IWC. It’s for sale 😜
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Hmmm....

A Glock 19 works for me.

A Colt 6720 works for me.

An 870P works for me.

I guess a lot of stuff works for me; I must have a fragile ego and need to be ignored....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

"Works for me is the enemy of good." Or something like that.

I was being coached by a well known teacher when he pushed me to shoot faster and faster until the wheels fell off the bus. Not that my wheels are all that firmly attached. My comfort zone, my "works for me", has always been take the time to get good hits. (I get real stubborn when someone tries to push me out of my comfort zone.) I resisted his efforts and kept doing me. I didn't learn anything and I'm sure the teacher figured I was an idiot. At the time, I didn't realize that's what I was doing.

By not letting myself be pushed out of my comfort zone, by continuing to do what works for me, kept me from learning something better. I for one, need to watch out for that slippery slope "works for me" leads to.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmm....

A Glock 19 works for me.

A Colt 6720 works for me.

An 870P works for me.

I guess a lot of stuff works for me; I must have a fragile ego and need to be ignored....
    Doc- you forgot the J frame in the pocket! Otherwise you hit the “Group Standard” !

User Tag List