Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

Quote Originally Posted by RND View Post
    “That firearm is literally the Tiger King. Glittered up white trash.”
    Dang. Tough crowd...

Is this pistol really all that different than the Wilson Combat 1911? Or Wilson Glock? Or the gussied up Glocks from Salient, Agency, etc? If nothing else I'd guess Wilson Combat is doing a better job of adding some ergonomic or performance mods that make sense as opposed to doing crazy slide lightening cuts and rakish cocking serrations just for the sake of it.

What's really surprising to me is that Wilson (and others like Bar-Sto) are doing stuff with the 320. Reading most of the replies on P-F you'd think the 320 was one of the worst pistols in recent times. Right up there with the Hudson or the Ruger American in terms of boat anchor. But the reality would seem to be that the gun is increasingly popular with consumers who apparently might not know any better...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    I actually quite like the look of the Wilson P320, and I'd trust anything Wilson tuned. I can just get a lot of gun for $1200 (Langdon Tactical 92, Sig Legion P-Series, Springfield TRP) and it's hard to swallow that for a poly gun. Same reason I have a problem with the Salient guns.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

It’s not much different than a $500 Beretta 92FS vs. a $1000 LTT or Wilson with no mechanical improvements or material improvements to the parts, essentially a “prettier” version with some ergonomic improvements for double the money. And yes I’ve owned them all.

This forum is hard on the P320 for sure. I was really into the P320 a couple years ago and it is very popular for sure. I have since moved away since I went DA/SA. I would just not be willing to spend that much money on a P320, mainly when I think it is great right out of the box. That is how I ran mine. Glad to see different companies taking interest in it. Wilson does excellent work.

is it worth the money for someone to get this over a factory P320? Is the extra money worth it for a Sig Legion over a standard model? is the money for an Elite LTT worth is over a stock 92FS? That is up to each person to decide and it is great we have som many choices. Oh and as far as an Elite LTT being just a more pretty 92FS, I can't agree with that. There are performance improvements with the LTT, but that is another topic.

I didn’t say it was just prettier so there isn’t any discussion to be had.

So here's something to consider. And this would apply to the Wilson 320 grip module itself as well. Is the trigger guard changed enough in shape that it no longer fits SIG 320 holsters? Probably a leather holster can be made to accommodate but what about a formed kydex rig?

I had two Wilson 320's come in yesterday for transfers. Its a nice pistol and the new grip makes a huge difference in ergos although I feel the stippling could be a bit better. They are nice pistols but for 1200 they should come out of the box with the trigger job and an optics cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I had two Wilson 320's come in yesterday for transfers. Its a nice pistol and the new grip makes a huge difference in ergos although I feel the stippling could be a bit better. They are nice pistols but for 1200 they should come out of the box with the trigger job and an optics cut.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Exactly! The price point requires it given Sig itself sells better 320s at substantial ly cheaper prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Dang. Tough crowd...

Is this pistol really all that different than the Wilson Combat 1911? Or Wilson Glock? Or the gussied up Glocks from Salient, Agency, etc? If nothing else I'd guess Wilson Combat is doing a better job of adding some ergonomic or performance mods that make sense as opposed to doing crazy slide lightening cuts and rakish cocking serrations just for the sake of it.

What's really surprising to me is that Wilson (and others like Bar-Sto) are doing stuff with the 320. Reading most of the replies on P-F you'd think the 320 was one of the worst pistols in recent times. Right up there with the Hudson or the Ruger American in terms of boat anchor. But the reality would seem to be that the gun is increasingly popular with consumers who apparently might not know any better...

I don't think that we're unappreciative of Wilson Combat in general, or of their P320 efforts. However, this has always been a pretty realistically based audience, and whether the juice equals the squeeze is pretty much a constant parameter here.

Other more fanboi-based forums would probably be going gaga over the WC P320; not so much here. The problem that WC faces regarding the P320 is that in effect they're competing with SIG directly, and SIG has done some extremely credible efforts and options, especially with the advent of the X frames, a good palette of order-able skus, and other aftermarket component options available at reasonable prices.

And it's not as if there's been a uptick of accuracy issues with the P320 as there was with the first generation of M&P 9mms. So while there's no doubt some benefits to the WC slide and fitted barrel, it sounds more incremental than anything else. So at the end of the day essentially what a buyer is paying premium dollar for is basically aesthetic modifications; nice, but fundamentally probably unnecessary. I continue to think that a basic or X-frame P320 plus a couple of cases of ammunition, training and competition offers a more tangible payoff then the WC effort intrinsically.

But if you genuinely like the WC effort, it certainly is likely a credible choice. But, as in the case we see with bespoke (and especially "semi-custom") 1911s in the secondary market, my suggestion is to get one because you like it and what it offers/resonates with you specifically; I don't see them to be likely appreciating as investments.

Best, Jon

Again, the SIG M17 is going to be popular with the troops, if only because it isn't the much maligned M9. I'm not impressed with some early reports I've heard about the M17, but I have no doubt that the soldiers who are receiving it think it is a huge improvement over the Beretta. And while I'm a self-professed Beretta nerd, my experience with issue M9s were hardly positive, as most were poorly maintained, and no one ever taught the correct way to run a DA trigger. The M17 may well be an upgrade over a dilapidated and neglected M9.

Wilson is smart to get ahead of the curve. Like it or not, this is the future.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List