Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Can someone explain why one would buy this? Its $1,200 without a trigger job.

Whats the reason to purchase this?
    Same market as SIG P210 Carry, although that gun is something you carry when you're wearing a tuxedo, while this is one you carry when you wear a sports coat over a black turtleneck while descending from your private jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I pretty much see this as Wilson responding to the market. Fact is, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the dominant forces in the poly framed striker fired pistol market for a long time. They were already doing Glocks, night as well add SIGs too. That said, no friggin way I’m dropping $1200 on a P320. Just, no.....
    I would agree. I do believe this is a response to the market. The custom 1911 market seems soft but maybe I'm talking out of my ass as I'm not privy to custom 1911 sales. I see this as a move to collect market share in a striker fired/plastic fantastic world. Smart move IMHO. People are already paying $700-$1K for custom polymer guns or work, (gun plus custom work). If you don't innovate or adapt you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I would agree. I do believe this is a response to the market. The custom 1911 market seems soft but maybe I'm talking out of my ass as I'm not privy to custom 1911 sales. I see this as a move to collect market share in a striker fired/plastic fantastic world. Smart move IMHO. People are already paying $700-$1K for custom polymer guns or work, (gun plus custom work). If you don't innovate or adapt you die.
    Innovate? It's a striker pistol. It's like a customized cell phone. Do they make an app for IDPA?
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-03-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

No surprise that Wilson Combat is moving into the 320; they've built their company around customized service handguns (1911, Beretta M9, Glock). Why wouldn't they move to the SIG? No doubt a future generation of servicemen will want a customized M17/320 reminiscent of their issue weapon.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the custom 1911 market isn’t reduced by half 15 years from now. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was bigger and better than ever by then. A LOT of this depends on what the politicians do. If there’s another nationwide mag ban, I could see the 1911 making a noticeable comeback. Without that, I think the plastic fantastics are gonna keep pushing the 1911 market further and further down. And like I said, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the leaders in that market for a long time. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see other companies in the custom 1911 biz come out with packages for Glock and the 320

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I wish people stopped monkeying with these plates and adopted the rail of Aimpoint ACRO P1. Failing that, just use Docter for every sight and be done.
    The ACRO mounting looks promising but Doctor ? It’s 2020. The RMR exists solely because the Doctor optic is sub optimal.

Seems like a bad value proposition. I would like to see what Wilson Combat can do with fitted barrels (maybe a bushing?), trigger jobs, fitting the slide to the FCU, etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Seems like a bad value proposition. I would like to see what Wilson Combat can do with fitted barrels (maybe a bushing?), trigger jobs, fitting the slide to the FCU, etc.
    Why. what ever the negatives if the stock P320, they are quite mechanically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Why. what ever the negatives if the stock P320, they are quite mechanically accurate.
    Mostly curiosity. Mine does shoot decent groups, with the caveat that I am not much of a group shooter. I've seen some really amazing groups posted with the Barsto P320 barrels properly fit so I'm curious how much further it can go. It also bothers me a little that the slide has vertical play on the rails of the FCU. I can very easily see the dot dip as the shot breaks when I dry fire without a mag and dummy round inserted. Seems slightly less than ideal that the position of the slide on the frame is dependent on the tension from the magazine.

Not to say that I think any of this is necessary but I think if you were really going to go crazy with custom work on a P320 these might be interesting.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 04-04-2020 at 01:09 AM.

User Tag List