Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

@WilsonCombatRep

Can you comment on the lack of optics cut on the new pistol? Is something with an optics cut in the works?

TIA!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @WilsonCombatRep

Can you comment on the lack of optics cut on the new pistol? Is something with an optics cut in the works?

TIA!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

It's in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Not to be negative, but seems very "meh." They added a grip module, slide serrations, sights, and barrel coating. Cool I guess, but really missed the boat imo by not offering an optic cut.
    Same.

It looks tacticoolish, but for the base price of $1200 I would expect more. Optics cut or some trigger work.

Other than fancy checkering and the dlc finish I wouldn’t see much reason to get this vs an X series.

Not saying there's anything bad or undesirable about the Wilson offering, but frankly I'm just pretty pleased with my RX Carry with the X frame module.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Not to be negative, but seems very "meh." They added a grip module, slide serrations, sights, and barrel coating. Cool I guess, but really missed the boat imo by not offering an optic cut.
    Can someone explain why one would buy this? Its $1,200 without a trigger job.

An X Five is $800, but has a detachable adjustable sight and detachable magwell. An X Five Legion is $900 with better trigger, detachable magwell, and detachable adjustable sights. And it weighs more.
    For the same price one could finagle the European metal frame version.

Whats the reason to purchase this? Is it more accurate or what did I miss?
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 04-03-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Admittedly, I don't see the creme de la creme of the handgun world in the classes I teach, but for that cash most would be better off to buy a standard used P320, two cases of ammo, decent holster/mag pouch, the WC grip module, and possibly have money left over for a local pistol class or more mags.

I know a guy that has a WC ECD X9. He thinks there is something wrong with it. It shoots low/left. I've yet to shoot it but my associate has......and it hits just fine for him.

Another thing I see is "OOH Optics" from shooters. Very few in my circle are even going to consider this offering without it being milled for optics.

But then again, I"m not a "bling" or "BBQ" gun sort of guy. Reliability and accuracy/precision.

Pretty can wait.

Regards.

I accept that the M-17 and M-18 are the anointed US military pistols, but I can't shake the feeling that it's still too early to go all in on them. I would not be surprised to see a product-improved version sooner rather than later, and I'd expect it to differ from the current guns as significantly as some of the current variations based on the M-4 vary from one another. I also don't like the fact that (per reports on PF.com) civilian models appear to meet different QC standards than military models.

I'll keep an eye on this as I bitterly cling to my G19.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I pretty much see this as Wilson responding to the market. Fact is, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the dominant forces in the poly framed striker fired pistol market for a long time. They were already doing Glocks, night as well add SIGs too. That said, no friggin way I’m dropping $1200 on a P320. Just, no.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I pretty much see this as Wilson responding to the market. Fact is, Glock and SIG are probably gonna be the dominant forces in the poly framed striker fired pistol market for a long time. They were already doing Glocks, night as well add SIGs too. That said, no friggin way I’m dropping $1200 on a P320. Just, no.....
    Come on now, it's $700 worth of enhancements on a $500 pistol. You don't see the value there?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I keep waiting for Unity Tactical to drop the ATOM 2.0. It should be more or less a universal mounting plate that will work on any number of pistols once the slide is machined.
    I wish people stopped monkeying with these plates and adopted the rail of Aimpoint ACRO P1. Failing that, just use Docter for every sight and be done.

User Tag List