Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Why the arbitrary number? Why not 250 or 1000 rounds?
    It's all I can currently find at a decent cost. Delivers today, as a matter of fact. Pistol won't arrive until Monday soonest.....and I can't do the transfer until Tuesday.

Plus, it's all that I can afford right now. Covid19 hit the lwt16 family (son furloughed/wife's hours cut back) a tad. 1/2 a case will be more of a basic function test to ensure that an extractor doesn't need replacing or other issues with police trade ins.

Been in LE since 1996 so I've seen my share of cops loading chambers by dropping the same old round in the chamber and dropping the slide. Pretty good chance this P226 has seen treatment like that.....so ten boxes of bullets is getting spent in one or two range trips. Not to mention the fact that whoever had it issued to them in the past might have been the "low left" guy/gal and it might need sight adjustments and whatnot. I'm sure the tritium is done but the funds to replace them if they are aren't there right now.

Plus, it only ships with one magazine.....and if it happily eats 500, more mags will be ordered that night. We like six mags per pistol here.

Make sense?

Part of the difficulty on this specific pistol is that Wilson is competing directly against Sig's higher end X series pistols. It does have a cool slide and grip. I would have noted in their marketing sheet accuracy or something to show how its better, given the price point.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 04-30-2020 at 02:03 PM.

I read all the posts and most came to the same conclusion: 'Too Much Money For What Wilson Did'.
    Well- I have a problem with following others so I had to get one. I will say I was not impressed with the X5 Legion, but the Wilson Combat WCP320 feels so right to me. I saw a post in another group which did a cost analysis. To buy a stock P320, Have a Top-Tier Company make a custom slide (It is not simply milling a stock P320 Slide), the Grip Module, the Sights and the DLC Coating on the Slide & Barrel- the price is right in line. And no matter what you do to Your P320- it will never be a Wilson Combat Pistol with a WC S/N.
    Name:  CF370ABD-8DAC-4B1D-BEB0-3F1CA540B452_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  73.7 KB

I couldn’t care less about having a WC serial number. Wilson Combat ain’t what it used to be. They’ve sacrificed a lot of build quality on their 1911s to grow their business, and grow their business they have. Berettas, Glocks, Sigs, oh my! Wilson Combat is simply in it for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by akaSigFreak View Post
    I read all the posts and most came to the same conclusion: 'Too Much Money For What Wilson Did'.
    Well- I have a problem with following others so I had to get one. I will say I was not impressed with the X5 Legion, but the Wilson Combat WCP320 feels so right to me. I saw a post in another group which did a cost analysis. To buy a stock P320, Have a Top-Tier Company make a custom slide (It is not simply milling a stock P320 Slide), the Grip Module, the Sights and the DLC Coating on the Slide & Barrel- the price is right in line. And no matter what you do to Your P320- it will never be a Wilson Combat Pistol with a WC S/N.
    Name:  CF370ABD-8DAC-4B1D-BEB0-3F1CA540B452_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  73.7 KB

That’s cool and all, but there’s still no optics cut. I get they make their own slides (what’s wrong with the stock slide again?) but at this point in time if you’re putting out your own Gucci gun and you don’t have it optics ready you’re obviously not paying attention to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Wilson Combat is simply in it for the money.

I'm shocked! I really thought Wilson Combat was "in it" simply from the goodness of their hearts.

Thankfully, none of the other folks in the custom firearm business are in just so they can make money, but just so we can have nice things and they can feel good about their contributions to our happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I'm shocked! I really thought Wilson Combat was "in it" simply from the goodness of their hearts.

Thankfully, none of the other folks in the custom firearm business are in just so they can make money, but just so we can have nice things and they can feel good about their contributions to our happiness.
    There’s a balance to making money and putting out garbage product and everything under the sun. Wilson Combat used to focus on building great 1911s. By doing so, they made some money, built a business and brand, and put out a good product. Now, Wilson does not focus on building great 1911s, they focus on meh 1911s, ARs, marketing, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, and whatever other popular items they think they can sell to you. By doing so, they no longer put out any exceptional products and have become just mediocre with everything they do, but I guess that’s a bit difficult for you to see.

Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    That’s cool and all, but there’s still no optics cut. I get they make their own slides (what’s wrong with the stock slide again?) but at this point in time if you’re putting out your own Gucci gun and you don’t have it optics ready you’re obviously not paying attention to the market.
    My stock X5 slide is great. Plus it has adjustable sights and is optics ready and it's half the price.

There’s a balance to making money and putting out garbage product and everything under the sun. Wilson Combat used to focus on building great 1911s. By doing so, they made some money, built a business and brand, and put out a good product. Now, Wilson does not focus on building great 1911s, they focus on meh 1911s, ARs, marketing, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, and whatever other popular items they think they can sell to you. By doing so, they no longer put out any exceptional products and have become just mediocre with everything they do, but I guess that’s a bit difficult for you to see.

The balance you reference between making money and "putting out garbage products" is typically self-correcting, regardless of the business.

You are correct. It is a bit difficult for me to see that Wilson Combat no longer focuses on making great 1911's and that they have lost their balance and now focus on making "meh" products, "garbage" products, and "everything under the sun".

Perhaps that's because my personal experience with products make by Wilson Combat has not supported your viewpoint. But you are certainly welcome to hold that viewpoint.

However, I do agree with your opinion that they appear to be focusing on making "other products they think they can sell you".

I just don't see why making products you think you can sell is an issue that should offend me.

Site Supporter

Wilson’s core business has been “hot rodding” US Service pistols. The 1911 has not been a general issue item for nearly half a century. Beretta 92s, Glock 19s,to a limited degree Glock 22s and 35s, and now the SIG 320 are all current or more recent US Service pistols.

I’ve been pretty happy with my wilson Berettas.
    The Wilson 320 as a complete gun seems like a fail without an optics option but I do like their new grip shell.

User Tag List