Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat goes all in with the SIG P320

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Mine does shoot decent groups...

Not to say that I think any of this is necessary but I think if you were really going to go crazy with custom work on a P320 these might be interesting.
    My experience with a couple different 320s is they all shoot pretty well. My 45 Auto seems particularly accurate.

Accuracy could no doubt be improved with a fully fitted barrel and a slide that's tightly fitted to the FCU but to what end? People are already noting the price on the WCP is north of a Grand. I assume a model with fitted barrel and slide would be treading into the $1500 range. Probably not too many takers at that point.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

The custom 1911 market may be stronger than people realize. There are still plenty of shops working on them. The better known 1911 smiths still have wait times measured in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Innovate? It's a striker pistol. It's like a customized cell phone. Do they make an app for IDPA?
    I’m not saying they are innovating they are adapting to market conditions in my opinion. I was just saying in general businesses have to be innovative or adapt to conditions in order to survive. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The custom 1911 market may be stronger than people realize. There are still plenty of shops working on them. The better known 1911 smiths still have wait times measured in years.

I do hope this is true. I still love 1911’s even though I don’t own one. I would hate to see the skills, knowledge and abilities of custom smiths die off.

I suspect the reason the wait times are measured in years is because there are so few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I do hope this is true. I still love 1911’s even though I don’t own one. I would hate to see the skills, knowledge and abilities of custom smiths die off.
    Some of the top smiths are older gentlemen so a loss of knowledge and ability is to be expected.

Still, the 1911 market appears strong. When a company like Ruger starts selling expensive custom 1911s you know something's still going on in that market.

I guess the only one here who really knows what's up with the 1911 market is @WilsonCombatRep but we may have chased him off with the generally negative comments.

Looks like a value proposition for “the guy that really wants a Zev,” but doesn’t have the jingle.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You know, my natural response is usually pessimistic. Taking a step back, I can't help but be glad that companies are continuing to develop on the P320 concept. It's a great concept, unfortunately implemented with some sub-par quality components. The longer this goes on, the more likely it will reach Glock levels where any potentially poor quality components (e.g. gen 3/4 extractors) have well-built aftermarket options.

Even if they're not for you (speaking generally), my advice is just be glad there's yet another option, and a company like WC is throwing their hat in the ring on this platform. Theirs certainly look pretty damn nice, that's for sure. Their grip modules have been one of the most pleasant surprises of all my purchases over the past year.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

My experience with a couple different 320s is they all shoot pretty well. My 45 Auto seems particularly accurate.

Accuracy could no doubt be improved with a fully fitted barrel and a slide that's tightly fitted to the FCU but to what end? People are already noting the price on the WCP is north of a Grand. I assume a model with fitted barrel and slide would be treading into the $1500 range. Probably not too many takers at that point.

That's the problem. I can get a Bar Sto fitted by Sig Armory cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    That's the problem. I can get a Bar Sto fitted by Sig Armory cheaper.
    Do you have any experience with the 320 Bar-Sto barrels? Does having one fitted make a tremendous improvement in accuracy?

Do you have any experience with the 320 Bar-Sto barrels? Does having one fitted make a tremendous improvement in accuracy?

Seems like kind of a loaded question when you start saying things like "tremendous improvement." I'm not sure that any barrel will give a "tremendous" improvement but I have seen some very impressive results from P320s with fitted barrels. There's a pic going around of a 10 round group from one of Max Michel's guns with all but 1 hole touching at 25 yards, it practically looks like a 7 round group.

The point is that Wilson wants upwards of $1k for a P320 with additional slide cuts (not at all necessary IMO) and a DLC finish, no trigger work. I can buy a P320 X5 or P320 X5 Legion and get the exact same function (better in the case of the Legion), but pay $200-300 less. Take that money to the bank, or get a trigger job done by someone with P320 experience, or put in a new barrel, either way the Wilson looks like a waste of money if you care about actual performance and not looks.

Edit: I also think X-TAC is ugly
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 04-04-2020 at 12:58 PM.

User Tag List