Thread: Gen5 SCD Backorder Status Update

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar

Gen5 SCD Backorder Status Update

I sent the following to people with backorders via email, but posting it here for anyone else that cares (or that I may have missed):

I just wanted to send you an update on your Gen5 SCD backorder. This is a bulk email and some of you may have already received a message very similar to this already when I responded directly to your inquiry -- I apologize for being redundant.

We anticipated shipping all backorders and having everything in stock before the end of March. Gen1-4 and G43/43X/48 SCD backorders shipped earlier this week. Sadly itís going to be an indeterminate while longer for Gen5 parts because of COVID-19 issues. Our production facility is located in California and the state government basically shut down the entire state a couple of weeks ago. The machine shop we use is a critical infrastructure facility and exempt from the closure due to DOD contracts, but half the workforce is out sick and the DOD contracts come first. Weíve got thousands of Gen5 parts in process, but they arenít quite finished yet and I canít provide anything approaching an accurate estimate of when they will be done ó maybe in a couple of weeks or sooner, maybe not until the end of April, maybe longer.

Having said that, depending upon who shows up at the shop this week, we might be able to get some Gen5 parts completed and sent out to heat treat and black oxide ó which means I could be able to ship them to customers (and have them back in stock) in 7-10 days. However, I can't make any promises since, thanks to the coronavirus, things are simply out of my hands. What I can promise you is that I'll get your order shipped out as soon as I can.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Forgive me if it's been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see a way to backorder a Gen5 SCD on your website right now. I'm picking up a Gen5 soon, and I'd like to get in line, if possible...

Thanks

I stopped taking backorders for the Gen5 parts because, as stated above, I canít provide anything approaching an accurate estimate for when they will be done.

I'm extremely hesitant to take back orders at all because no matter how accurate an estimate I provide, or how many updates I send, about three weeks before the date I told people I start getting dozens of messages a day from people wanting to know when their order will ship (which is not an entirely unreasonable question, but if I had an update beyond what I previously said I would have already contacted them). And right now, I can't provide an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post
    I stopped taking backorders for the Gen5 parts because, as stated above, I canít provide anything approaching an accurate estimate for when they will be done.

I'm extremely hesitant to take back orders at all because no matter how accurate an estimate I provide, or how many updates I send, about three weeks before the date I told people I start getting dozens of messages a day from people wanting to know when their order will ship (which is not an entirely unreasonable question, but if I had an update beyond what I previously said I would have already contacted them). And right now, I can't provide an answer.
    Totally reasonable given the current situation. I waited a long time for my first Gadgets... I'm willing to wait some more. I'll check back at the website periodically. Thanks for the quick reply. "Soon" will come soon enough!

If you email me at info@taudevgroup.com, I'll send you a message when they are back in stock and ready to go.

Done! Thanks again.

Order placed, thanks!

Got the Gen5 SCD for my new G26 today. Many thanks, @Tom_Jones. That's #4. I think that will hold me for a while.

(Did the change inside a gallon size ziploc bag so as not to launch the bearing. (Thanks, to @JodyH for the idea a couple years ago.)
    Dare to speak the truth

User Tag List