Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DSLR camera RFI

The Z6 provides image stabilization for old manual-focus lenses as well

I was on the fence between the D750 and the Z6 and went for the Z6.
    Both allow you to use old Nikkor lenses (of which I have many), but the Z6 has in-body image stabilization, so even the old manual lenses benefit from that technology.

I also second Tamara's suggestion to check out KEH.com , I have used them for many years for used equipment and they have always been great. They have accurately rated the condition of the items they sell. Never needed to return anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have DSLRs I use for work, DSLRs and mirrorless cameras I use for play because I'm a total gear nerd (hey, when guns became work, I needed to find something that could be a hobby!), but I absolutely never leave the house without an O.G. Sony RX100. That is such a phenomenal camera for being the size of a deck of cards. I didn't think anything would replace my beloved Nikon P7000 as a daily shirt pocket camera, but the RX100 just has me smitten.
    Tamara, can you test something for me? If you set flash to off, does it stay off when you change modes? I had a compact we used for a while, until we discovered it would reset the flash when changing modes. This is a problem for us, as a flash can leave my wife incapacitated by pain for hours and hours due to light sensitive migraines. (Same thing for AF illuminator?) Sorry--I checked the manual and it doesn't specifically answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by CompressionIgnition View Post
    I was on the fence between the D750 and the Z6 and went for the Z6.
    Both allow you to use old Nikkor lenses (of which I have many), but the Z6 has in-body image stabilization, so even the old manual lenses benefit from that technology.

I also second Tamara's suggestion to check out KEH.com , I have used them for many years for used equipment and they have always been great. They have accurately rated the condition of the items they sell. Never needed to return anything.
    I love KEH... for film bodies and all lenses. I do *not* like them for digital bodies because they have no system in place for telling you the shutter actuation count for a specific body. I’ve bought three used DSLRs from them, and they were all returned for condition issues. I’ve only had to return one lens out of at least a dozen.

They tried to flog me a D700 body with 280k actuations at a premium price.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Tamara, can you test something for me? If you set flash to off, does it stay off when you change modes?
    Ran up the dial from P to A to S to M and back with the flash turned off and it never turned itself on during the process.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I love KEH... for film bodies and all lenses. I do *not* like them for digital bodies because they have no system in place for telling you the shutter actuation count for a specific body. I’ve bought three used DSLRs from them, and they were all returned for condition issues. I’ve only had to return one lens out of at least a dozen.

They tried to flog me a D700 body with 280k actuations at a premium price.
    Huh. I've never had an issue buying a digital camera from KEH...well, actually there was the one time that I bought a Fuji XF1 and it succumbed to the stuck aperture iris issue that most of those wind up falling victim to.

Huh. I've never had an issue buying a digital camera from KEH...well, actually there was the one time that I bought a Fuji XF1 and it succumbed to the stuck aperture iris issue that most of those wind up falling victim to.
    My issue may have been the types of bodies I was trying to buy - D700s and a D300s. They tend to be high mileage.

Actually, I just realized I lied before - I did buy a D3300 from them as a family camera during my fleeting remarriage, and it was very clean - with less than 100 actuations.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

My issue may have been the types of bodies I was trying to buy - D700s and a D300s.
    I bought my D700 from MBP. It had a high five-digit shutter activation count but, being honest with myself, that's just getting broken in on a D700. It's like buying a 9mm Glock with 10,000 rounds through it.

I bought my D700 from MBP. It had a high five-digit shutter activation count but, being honest with myself, that's just getting broken in on a D700. It's like buying a 9mm Glock with 10,000 rounds through it.
    Yeah, I was shooting for sub-50k - and found one with under 10k. My Df was even better, a true dentist’s camera - fewer than 1000 frames.
    Ken

Yeah, I was shooting for sub-50k - and found one with under 10k. My Df was even better, a true dentist’s camera - fewer than 1000 frames.
    Mad jelly. I will have a Df someday.

Mad jelly. I will have a Df someday.
    We should talk. I need to rehome mine.
    Ken

User Tag List