Thread: 300 BLK muzzle device and barrel info

300 BLK muzzle device and barrel info

All this talk about shorter boomsticks and braces made me wanna get a 300 blk upper. I want to go a route of rebuilding my older and not used upper that has a 10 inch Daniel Defense quad rail. I'd probably prefer a 9 inch barrel but that means I have to get a muzzle device that would fit inside that rail. The internal diameter there is 1.08 inches. Does anyone know if such devices exist?

The second question: if I can't get that thing set with a shorter-than-rail barrel, I kind of narrowed barrel choices to either BCM 12.5 or Wilson 11.3. Somewhat surprised to see that BCM is more expensive but that's not as important. Any thought if one is better than another? I don't intend to use a can.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...rrel-stripped/

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-G...300SBRPG11RT7/
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Wilson Combat makes good barrels.
    #RESIST

Why not get a complete upper? That way the gas system is tuned right. BCM = Easy Button.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Do folks prefer a .300 ball upper using the legacy BCM upper or the new MK2?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Why not get a complete upper? That way the gas system is tuned right. BCM = Easy Button.
    I told him the same thing — sell his current upper and get a BCM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do folks prefer a .300 ball upper using the legacy BCM upper or the new MK2?
    I’m not aware of enough reports out on the MK2s to know for sure, regardless of caliber.

OP, why are you looking at one that long for .300 BLK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If buying a short 300 I'd definitely want a way to add a can. Probably best to use a different rail.

There are several reasons.

First, selling shit is PITA, unless you have a nearby consignment shop. I don't.
    Second, that upper is sitting there doing nothing. Been like that probably for 4-5 years. I don't like useless shit laying around, which it will continue doing if I just got the BCM upper.
    Lastly, I want 9 inch barrel for which the 300 BLK has been optimized but I do not like 8 inch rails that shorty BCM 300 uppers come with. Burying that 9 inch bbl inside 10 inch rail would give me my preferred ergos.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    If buying a short 300 I'd definitely want a way to add a can. Probably best to use a different rail.

I am not doing NFA anything for the time being, or ever. This is going to be a braced thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    OP, why are you looking at one that long for .300 BLK?

Long what? Bbl, I want 9 inch, the rail I covered above.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List