Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M-14- The Most Iconic Rifle In History

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I got a butt chewing from a laughing RI.
    Those are the best kind.

I may have gotten a Major Minus spot report in Phase II of the Special Forces Qualification Course for (allegedly) stealing something and a Major Plus spot report for initiative because I solved a problem in an unexpected manner. I had to put the item back from whence it came without getting caught, which I did. Because I was successful, and to reduce paperwork, nobody ever wrote either spot report and nothing appeared on my record.

Allegedly.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 04-01-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

There are weapons, pistol grip pump shotguns, certain revolvers, the M-14, etc., that will continue to be reincarnated forever because they Just. Look. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    There are weapons, pistol grip pump shotguns, certain revolvers, the M-14, etc., that will continue to be reincarnated forever because they Just. Look. Cool.
    This.

Always and forever, this.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I always wanted a pistol grip pump gun because of this movie (Rutger Hauer was so cool, RIP).

Name:  dead-or-alive-ii.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  34.0 KB

That film clip had more easter eggs than the white house lawn. Brilliant.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I like the rifle but most "iconic"?
    The M-14 is but one example of Army Ordnance screwing the pooch in designing a rifle.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The Mini is more M1 Carbine than M14.

I love my M14 (which I got from my father) and I'll never get rid of it. I grew up with Garands, M1 Carbines, M-14s, surplus 1911s, Enfields, Springfields, SMLEs, Mausers and other old military weapons. I came late to the AR family of weapons, my first being a 20" Colt Competition HBar. I love my AR, but it doesn't have the same nostalgia
    In size but not design. The gas block on a mini 14 and an M14 is a separate unit from the barrel. The gas block on a an M1 carbine isn't nor is it adjustable like a mini. M1 carbine head spaces on the case mouth, mini 14 and M-14 head spaces on the shoulder, so bottle neck v straight wall. I have both mini and M1. I rebuilt the M1 top to bottom and replaced the gas port bushing on my mini. That's where the Mini-14 got it's name. It's a miniature M-14 without auto.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I don't think I have the patience to watch this.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't think I have the patience to watch this.
    It's actually hilarious, and it's definitely a very well-researched joke.

You owe it to yourself.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    In 2007, I was involved in spending a lot of taxpayer money trying to upgrade a couple hundred M14’s into decent SDM/DMR guns. It didn’t work out very well, and I apologize to everyone here for wasting your money.

IMHO, the M14 was an obsolete POS when it was fielded, and there’s nothing that can be done to salvage it. I do find them interesting from a historical standpoint and am not opposed to shooting them for fun, but the fact that they’re still in service is an more of an indictment of our procurement bureaucracy than anything else.

User Tag List