Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: M-14- The Most Iconic Rifle In History

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It's actually hilarious, and it's definitely a very well-researched joke.

You owe it to yourself.

Okie John
    It is that; I still only made it to the 2-minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't think I have the patience to watch this.
    It's an April's Fool Day video. It starts off with small inaccuracies and builds toward every increasing outrageous claims until it's just over the top. It's done well and sucks you in if you don't know what's going on beforehand. When I first watched it, I was taken in until I realized what was going on
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I didn't realize it was a joke and wasn't going to bother watching. Pretty funny.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    In 2007, I was involved in spending a lot of taxpayer money trying to upgrade a couple hundred M14’s into decent SDM/DMR guns. It didn’t work out very well, and I apologize to everyone here for wasting your money.

IMHO, the M14 was an obsolete POS when it was fielded, and there’s nothing that can be done to salvage it. I do find them interesting from a historical standpoint and am not opposed to shooting them for fun, but the fact that they’re still in service is an more of an indictment of our procurement bureaucracy than anything else.
    What's the Old Army version of a Fudd?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    What's the Old Army version of a Fudd?
    They call him "Sarge"
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

They should do the 1911 next...

(Runs and hides...)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    As an added bonus, Youtube suggested Paul Harrell's home defense gun video. Starting with the S&W M29. I didn't last much farther.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-02-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    They should do the 1911 next...

(Runs and hides...)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Actually those are very popular, even the USGI surplus. If you called it iconic that would be an honest description.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    In 2007, I was involved in spending a lot of taxpayer money trying to upgrade a couple hundred M14’s into decent SDM/DMR guns. It didn’t work out very well, and I apologize to everyone here for wasting your money.

IMHO, the M14 was an obsolete POS when it was fielded, and there’s nothing that can be done to salvage it. I do find them interesting from a historical standpoint and am not opposed to shooting them for fun, but the fact that they’re still in service is an more of an indictment of our procurement bureaucracy than anything else.
    You say "spending a lot of taxpayer money", I say, if it wasn't $50-million you're okay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    They call him "Sarge"
    Or "General," in my experience.

User Tag List