Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 earthquake in Idaho tonight. Fairly near Lost River's area...

6.5 earthquake in Idaho tonight. Fairly near Lost River's area...

@Lost River

https://www.usgs.gov/news/magnitude-...-central-idaho

Hope all is well up that way!

I have an old friend that lives in/near Challis and she had a good shake that spooked her horses, and a big herd of elk nearby. Sounds like she's okay, but that's a pretty good shaker.

My folks have a grandfather clock, and I guess it was enough to get it to rattle even all the way down here, just 30 miles north of Salt Lake City. I didn't notice it, but we had our own 5.7 a few weeks ago, and I've been ignoring little aftershocks since. My wife's family scattered around Idaho did feel it pretty strongly. Some reports of feeling it from as far away as Winnemucca Nevada!

We felt it in NE WA. March is the gift that just keeps on giving, I suppose.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

We felt it in North Idaho also.

I'm about 45 miles east of Coeur d'Alene and we felt the earthquake here too. Today was snow, rain, sunshine, and more snow. Welcome to spring in North Idaho.

Felt it in Bonners Ferry.

Didn't feel a thing here in the Salt Lake valley, but I don't envy those who were near the epicenter, given the way I felt after our 5.7 two weeks ago.

Blame the Californians.

My folks are up in BOI and definitely felt it.
    David S.

I felt it here west of Boise. Pretty good shake, was surprised it was a 6.5!

Made a joke to my Dad California was wishing him a happy birthday by sending us a quake.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...241668106.html
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The best way to experience an earthquake is being next to 30-foot high racking filled with pallets of cast iron auto parts when it starts. Or so I've heard...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Having a 6.5 earthquake is just a fad...it won't do anything a 7.62 earthquake won't do and you're all just jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe go a little longer but with less impact/it's basically a gamer earthquake, you guys are suckers/OMG stop buying Recoil.

^^^best post in thread. Shockingly good.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List