Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&K P9S at center fire systems

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    And now I know why the 10+ sold out in a few minutes...
    Mine and the owners are already spoken for, I'll let LtCol Dyal know some are inbound and that will take care of the third.... I'll post up here if the fourth one starts collecting any dust on it in the case and get my buddy to cut someone here a smoking deal on it.....

So much Teutonic sexy....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Hopefully Mas will chime in. I remember several articles he wrote about them. I think I only saw one for sale at my LGS in the last 25 years. I saw one in a pistol class in the 90s. It was a 45 and it self destructed. It didn’t blow up but I remember it kind of came apart as in that’s a lot of small parts, the rollers even came out
    I was issued a few of them when I shot for Team HK under John Bressem in the early '80s. Carried the 4" target models in 9mm and .45 briefly in the mid-'80s. Recollections:

P9S Sport/Target in 9mm (factory long barrel with barrel weight) was exquisitely accurate. P9S triggers in my subjective experience were Jekyll/Hyde. On the stock service models, horrible; extremely long DA pulls, lots of backlash. On the target models, exquisite: Effective anti-backlash device built into the trigger guard. The adjustable triggers on the Target models could be safely brought down to about 2.5 pounds, at least on mine.

For competition, I used the Sport/Target 9mm at Bianchi Cup out of a Chapman High Ride holster Bianchi made on special order. Used it also in the Auto events in NMSS (National Marksman Sports Society, the short-lived "PPC for Cops and Citizens Alike" sport founded by Police Marksman Association). At Second Chance, the bowling pin match that was revitalized in 2017 as The Pin Shoot in Michigan, I used a Target .45 with the optional 6" barrel, to which gunsmith John Lawson in Tacoma had attached a Magna-Ported barrel weight similar to the early Pin Gun treatment of 1911s by Jim Clark, Sr. They worked well for me in both applications.

Whether 4" or long barrel target models, I ALWAYS carried them cocked and locked. As has been noted here, the decocking mechanism would make any police firearms instructor wake up screaming in the middle of the night: pull the trigger on a cocked, loaded pistol and hope your trigger finger remembered to come forward and your thumb didn't slip while lowering the internal hammer...and no way I could ever figure out to safely do it left-handed. Never saw an ambi thumb safety for the P9S, and the regular safety lever was practically vestigial, so New Hampshire gunsmith Nolan Santy made up oversize paddle replacement that worked wonderfully. Even on the target models, the super-long DA pull was sort of like an index finger exercise tool.

Nolan Santy also throated out all of mine for wide-mouth hollow points. Maybe it was the generation of manufacture or something, but none of mine fed 100% with wide mouth hollow points like the .45 Super Vels I used at Second Chance. All four fed fine with Remington JHP (115 grain 9mm and 185 grain .45) of the period. All were extremely accurate. The 9mm Sport/Target was definitely a one-inch gun at 25 yards with Federal 9BP 115 grain JHP.

User Tag List