Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taller red dot mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    My department mandates that I have BUIS on the rifle. The honest truth is that I could do without em.

If i were you, I would run a normal set of BUIS and invest in an ADM lever to put into the Unity Riser.

The EXPS has a QD lever

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The EXPS has a QD lever
    Derp. Sorry brother. I thought someone had mentioned an XPS earlier in the thread.

Regarding the QD on the fast mount, I believe Unity is working on a solution for this? Someone else chime in if they have more information please!

Derp. Sorry brother. I thought someone had mentioned an XPS earlier in the thread.

Regarding the QD on the fast mount, I believe Unity is working on a solution for this? Someone else chime in if they have more information please!
    My concern is mostly that I'll forget to turn on the optic, or that it will go out due to a battery problem. I don't really want to ditch a $600 optic if the battery went dead, I just want to seamlessly move to a BUIS. The lenses are well protected, so I'm thinking glass breakage as of less concern and I can keep looking through the glass.

Also, the high optics don't allow me to do a visual check of the dot. Normally, I'll flip up the rear, line up the irons, and check that my dot hasn't moved. It's a simple way for me to check if the optic has lost zero, the mounts loosened, etc. Can't do that with 1.93/2.26" heights.

I saw a VeilSolutions pic this weekend of an EXPS on a Unity riser, and an offset RMR as a secondary aiming solution. It seems oddly redundant at first, but I guess that's the point, and I'd rather have an offset MRDS than offset irons

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My concern is mostly that I'll forget to turn on the optic, or that it will go out due to a battery problem. I don't really want to ditch a $600 optic if the battery went dead, I just want to seamlessly move to a BUIS. The lenses are well protected, so I'm thinking glass breakage as of less concern and I can keep looking through the glass.

Also, the high optics don't allow me to do a visual check of the dot. Normally, I'll flip up the rear, line up the irons, and check that my dot hasn't moved. It's a simple way for me to check if the optic has lost zero, the mounts loosened, etc. Can't do that with 1.93/2.26" heights.

I saw a VeilSolutions pic this weekend of an EXPS on a Unity riser, and an offset RMR as a secondary aiming solution. It seems oddly redundant at first, but I guess that's the point, and I'd rather have an offset MRDS than offset irons
    Roger, your reasons are your own.

I ran an EXPS on my duty gun for four years. I recently switched to a comp m5 because of the same level of paranoia. In four years and a lot of hot calls and a lot of rifle deployments, I never had an issue turning the dot on or a dead battery. I also mark my batteries on the date that they're inserted and I routinely replace them every three months.

The benefits of the eotech make it worth considering regardless of the downsides. The optic platform definitely requires more diligence than an Aimpoint.

In this day and age, the off set red dot is in my mind a better way to go than irons. I work nights and iron sights are all but useless to me. You're way too sucked into the gun with your visual acuity doing things it shouldn't be doing, ie focusing on three planes versus simply looking down range to PID and gather information.

Roger, your reasons are your own.

I ran an EXPS on my duty gun for four years. I recently switched to a comp m5 because of the same level of paranoia. In four years and a lot of hot calls and a lot of rifle deployments, I never had an issue turning the dot on or a dead battery. I also mark my batteries on the date that they're inserted and I routinely replace them every three months.

The benefits of the eotech make it worth considering regardless of the downsides. The optic platform definitely requires more diligence than an Aimpoint.

In this day and age, the off set red dot is in my mind a better way to go than irons. I work nights and iron sights are all but useless to me. You're way too sucked into the gun with your visual acuity doing things it shouldn't be doing, ie focusing on three planes versus simply looking down range to PID and gather information.
    I'm feeling the same way. I recently ditched all the rifle optics and bought EXPS's.

The other desired benefit is now I only need two batteries (CR2032 & 123) to cover EXPS, scout lights, X300U, RMR across all the rifles and pistols

User Tag List