Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taller red dot mounts

Midwest Industries has a newer 1.93 mount for the T2 with a window so back up irons are visible through the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Midwest Industries has a newer 1.93 mount for the T2 with a window so back up irons are visible through the mount.
    That's not 1.93", that's 2.26", same as the FAST. 1.93" would put the sight picture of the irons right at the height of where the bottom of the optic meets the mount, thus rendering them not usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    That's not 1.93", that's 2.26", same as the FAST. 1.93" would put the sight picture of the irons right at the height of where the bottom of the optic meets the mount, thus rendering them not usable.
    You're right. I had the wrong numbers in my head.

I did not know they make months that tall but I need to look into them. I have a Tavor I'd like to put a red dot on and that gun needs a mount at least 1.7" and even then I still feel kind of scrunched down.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I will be moving my Eotech/Aimpoint at work to a taller mount. Last week, on a gun call I went prone underneath a vehicle to get eyes on a vehicle. With a duty belt and ballistic vest, trying to get my eyes behind my EXPS at a standard lower 1/3rd cowitness was a pain in the dick.
    So I have a Unity Riser coming today for my EXPS. The EXPS also has an auto shut off, and I don't have a laser or other aiming system on the gun other than irons. So, from a regular Joe perspective, what are guys doing for BUIS?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    So I have a Unity Riser coming today for my EXPS. The EXPS also has an auto shut off, and I don't have a laser or other aiming system on the gun other than irons. So, from a regular Joe perspective, what are guys doing for BUIS?
    You could do offset BUIS or just run a laser as your back up sighting system like those the ultra tall mounts were intended for.

Having mounted the EXPS, I think a XPS (co-witness) on the Unity Riser would be the perfect height.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My department mandates that I have BUIS on the rifle. The honest truth is that I could do without em.

If i were you, I would run a normal set of BUIS and invest in an ADM lever to put into the Unity Riser.

Is it possible to see BUIS with just the unity riser mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    If i were you, I would run a normal set of BUIS and invest in an ADM lever to put into the Unity Riser.
    The FAST QD lever webpage states that it doesn't work with the Riser.

User Tag List