Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Number three: A brass 9mm cleaning jag, $2.35. I typically use this almost every cleaning session, to push a wet patch through the barrel. Then follow with a clean one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:  jag.png
Views: 473
Size:  73.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Are you similarly having these inclinations?
    Resisting for now in favor of buying stocks while the market is down. If prices drop as much as I think they will, then I might pick up a pair of lightly used Leica 8x32 Trinovids to replace the Leica 7x42s that had to go overboard during my divorce.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    It will get worse I suspect.

I actually "need" the punches since I buggered up the lower grip panel roll pin on my J-Frame putting on a larger more controllable grip for others who may shoot the gun.
    At some point< I will have to "push" out the flattened, dremel cut remains of that pin out.

Tekton Punch Set
    https://www.tekton.com/gunsmith-punch-set-66564

Glock Mag Tool
    https://www.sears.com/american-natio...s/p-A044871379

both are on amazon as well

I’ll probably end up buying another KAC SR15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking at a Smith and Wesson Pre-Model 27 3.5" N-frame. I suspect it was modified by somebody famous in the late 1970's or early 1980's. If I am correct, you'll all see pictures here.

Some things rarely lose value.

I am also buying back into the market in April. I think we'll see one more big dip in 2-3 weeks, and that's when I'll be like a hog at the trough.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Before I was married I just used TP for both. But that ship has sailed.
    Ditto.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Oh so many things...I've already spent some cash on stuff from Shivworks, Dark Star Gear, the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, and 5-Shot Leather

But let's see what's sitting in my tabs for retail therapeutic needs which are split broadly into two categories:

Motorcycle Stuff

A 1981 BMW R65 Approximately $2700 worth of riding gear from Revzilla - www.revzilla.com

Car Stuff

About $5000 worth of parts from KMiata for my Sunbeam swap - https://kmiata.com/
    Very nice BMW. I've had several boxers but never an R65. I always thought they were pretty close to perfect for a weekend cruise. My neighbor just sold his K bike. He damn near had to give it away and it was in very good condition. The twins are iconic and always will be. I got hooked on those around 1984 when I bought my first one, R100 CS. I know a guy that I worked with who has an R75/7 that he bought new. Step son has an R80 GS.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-31-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Trying to convince myself to buy an Aimpoint PRO instead of a Romeo 5 or other similar budget red dot for a NIB 6920 I picked up before the madness start. Have half been expecting a call back from the person who sold it to me wanting to buy it back.

Also taking advantage of that Arc'teryx deal referenced earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    First toilet paper, now tissues?
    Yep. Everybody's gotta wipe.

When loose-leaf notebook paper starts to run short after we exhaust tissues and napkins, I wonder what'll be the next ''choice-by-default''.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

If you have a big fat head and want a nice range cap, the Arcteryx Calvus is 25% off with free shipping direct from arcteryx.

User Tag List