Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, even though we have just corresponded here and have never met FTF, I am very confident stating that reloading will mesh with your personality. It is just fun tweaking stuff, and when you are done you get to look at a shiny pile of ammo goodness
    Say what? An OCD person who likes working hands-on with things would enjoy reloading?!

It’s very true. I’ve ALWAYS been a tinkerer. I was that kid who took toys apart to see how they worked. And then I’d rebuild them combining with other toys to make new things. My dad always said, “Rob is most dangerous when he has a screwdriver and a roll of electrical tape.”

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Say what? An OCD person who likes working hands-on with things would enjoy reloading
    You like cool tools, I can tell...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

And then it's time to buy nothing for the rest of the year because holy shit.
    We’ve gone a little heavy on plants and flowers lately. With nowhere else to go, might as well make my own home as nice as possible. Tbh this is 99% my wife, I’m just free labor.

Next year we’ll have a badass vacation. Because this year’s pretty much shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of our spending is on travel, dining, entertaining, entertainment...

I'm buying shit in quarantine and my CC bill is still down 30%!

For the musos amongst us and I think there are several, these turned up a couple of days ago:

EHX Nano POG
    Darkglass Alpha Omicron
    BOSS TU-3 and BCB-60 to put them all on

to join the DD-20 and CEB-3 I've had for a while

Now, where to find the time to set it all up and make a bit of noise?

Took longer to get started and to complete once started than anticipated, most,y due to weather, but here’s our largest purchase of the COVID season.

Might be considered as “Corona boredom” since it was conceived of while sitting on the patio while drinking and staring into the abyss.

Name:  52A7E8CA-A682-49DD-90DC-69FF6CB46C71.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  82.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Took longer to get started and to complete once started than anticipated, most,y due to weather, but here’s our largest purchase of the COVID season.

Might be considered as “Corona boredom” since it was conceived of while sitting on the patio while drinking and staring into the abyss.

That’s cool. I’m guessing those are some sort of synthetic palm fronds for the roofing? I’m not very well versed in such regional architecture.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That’s cool. I’m guessing those are some sort of synthetic palm? I’m not very well versed in such regional architecture.
    Nope, all natural. Depending on your locale you may call them “tiki huts” or what the native Floridians (meaning Seminoles and Miccosukee and such http://www.native-languages.org/florida.htm) often refer to as “chickees”.

You can get synthetic thatch but it costs more than we paid for this entire structure. There are pest-resistant and fire-resistant sprays to coat the natural palm fronds with, and I’ll be applying both.

The natural thatch supposedly can last up to ten years, hurricanes and whatnot depending. I doubt we will be in this house long enough to see a re-thatch but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Most of my retail therapy for a bit is going to revolve around this thing, I see. Even though I’m out of “quarantine” the wife and kids are gone so it still feels like it.

Got some LED strip lights installed temporarily. Got two strings but only installed one. Two might be overkill. Name:  BB5BFB1B-64B3-4584-8FC2-B66BB5270CF7.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  5B4AE215-635B-4B80-81DF-6BCF9A7736C7.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  60.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Well... thanks to Corona-related boredom, my wife is pregnant with our first. Since the 110+ year old, 1 bedroom house we live in isn't baby friendly, we're buying a house in the 'burbs.

So yeah, the lockdown has been expensive. But we're thrilled.

User Tag List