Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Funny, I was actually going to make a thread, "10 things under $10 I found useful" and post it with links to Brownells etc.

If there's any interest, I'll work that up in the next day or so.

Hammertime
    New light/laser

https://www.primaryarms.com/streamli...igh-low-switch

New JMCK to go with it

Otherwise trying to sell not buy.

Speaking of retail and therapy...it'd be nice to find Kleenex.

They need to change the logo to "Trusted Care...If You Can Find It"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Funny, I was actually going to make a thread, "10 things under $10 I found useful" and post it with links to Brownells etc.

If there's any interest, I'll work that up in the next day or so.
    Go for it

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Speaking of retail and therapy...it'd be nice to find Kleenex.

They need to change the logo to "Trusted Care...If You Can Find It"
    First toilet paper, now tissues?

I just need Geissele to get stripped lowers and receiver extension kits back in stock so I can finish my pistol build using their apology coupon. I’m still doing research on suppressors and that will be a likely purchase down the road. Other than those things, there isn’t really anything I want to buy that I want to have right this moment. Although if I could find a lightly used S&W 342 PD for around $500, I could be persuaded to break out the old credit card.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    First toilet paper, now tissues?
    Before I was married I just used TP for both. But that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've owned a plain small Sebenza for 15 years. It's my default EDC knife.

I got a killer deal on it when a member of a forum I was in (maybe THR) decided to become an authorized CRK seller, which required an initial buy-in of a bunch of knives. To raise capital, he did a forum group buy at his cost. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten a decorated version because this is the only one-handed folder I'll never part with.

The small version is about the perfect size for an EDC knife IMO. Big enough to handle anything you'd use such a knife for without being too small and dainty.

Chris
    Great feedback. I’ll shift focus to small Sebenza. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Great feedback. I’ll shift focus to small Sebenza. Thanks
    Sebenzas are great. I have owned a large "regular" since 1998. A small "Insingo" for the past few years. Both terrific knives.

Well, Maybe A Rifle/Shotgun. Decision Not Yet Made.

Not much retail therapy, here. The extension of income tax day, to July, was a tremendous help, when we saw that we would be owing the IRS quite a bit. We have been making increased purchases, but mostly to keep our aging bungalow maintained/updated, and un-FUBAR-ing some serious stupid D-I-Y wiring work that I discovered. (Fortunately, Dad taught me how to wire a house, to meet code and common-sense safety. Paying professionals to do this would cost a fortune.)

I bought a new MacBook, for “one-hour” curbside pick-up at a local Best Buy, but when I approached the front of the store, a few minutes before closing, for that day, one of the employees barked at me, as if I were a boot camp attendee, rather than a customer, before I had a chance to say anything. (It is not uncommon for my e-mail to take a while to refresh, so I simply wanted to know of my order was waiting for me, or not.) A more congenial employee spoke to me, and verified that they did, indeed, have that MacBook in stock. I returned home, got on-line, and saw that my card had been charged. I contacted CS, and was on hold well beyond the estimated time provided. Ultimately, I remembered the rude employee, and just canceled the order. (Before anyone mentions a Windows computer, well, no, just no. Windows 10 is an abomination; I updated one laptop from 7 to 10, and, well, just no.)

The panic-buying of 9mm carry-sized pistols has created an opportunity for me to do some trading, now that our AG has opined that local governments may not compel gun shops to close. Some mid-sized/semi-compact 9mm pistols, that hurt my aging hands, when I shoot them, might be traded for credit on a long gun, more suited to our troubled times. (I have plenty of full-sized 9mm pistols, and know how to dress around them, so would not be depriving myself of anything.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List