Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've had USPS tracking show a package as delivered 48 hours before it actually was delivered. If FedEx and UPS would start taking letters in envelopes for $0.50, I can't think what USPS would remain good for.
    Yes, same here. I've had a couple USPS packages show up as "delivered" on a Sunday according to the tracking page, and then the actual package didn't show up until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Brownells won't send me ammo, but Brownells delivered me a pound of powder, 550 bullets, and some primers last week without a single question.
    It always puzzles me why powder and primers are considered a hazmat shipment and ammo is not. This doesn't bother me, it just puzzles me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I picked up this cheap-o electric power washer today: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000604813

My "original" portion of the house is Bedford stone, the rear addition is just siding. It worked quite well on both, taking off the algae/lichen growth and even took all the crud off the gutters. It's lightweight, quiet, has a long hose (giggity) and power line and has enough oomph to do what I need done. I'm happy with it at $119.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I picked up this cheap-o electric power washer today: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000604813

My "original" portion of the house is Bedford stone, the rear addition is just siding. It worked quite well on both, taking off the algae/lichen growth and even took all the crud off the gutters. It's lightweight, quiet, has a long hose (giggity) and power line and has enough oomph to do what I need done. I'm happy with it at $119.
    I may have to break down and get one. I did algae duty by hand yesterday. Worked but...

I have a Greenworks 80v Blower which I bought around X-mas. Love it. Use it daily.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I bought one of these 2-cup rice cookers, which is sized pretty well for two of us.

Name:  A949E9AA-313F-40A7-A1C3-3980530DF2C3.jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  27.1 KB

It stunk on the first use, as it burned something off, but now it's fine. It's easy AF to use.

Amazon said it would take a month to get, but we got it in five days from Sur La Table.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It always puzzles me why powder and primers are considered a hazmat shipment and ammo is not. This doesn't bother me, it just puzzles me.
    Ammo is a hazmat though.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Ammo is a hazmat though.
    Has to be marked, but doesn't get the extra charge.
    Name:  Ammo HazMat.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  47.5 KB
    https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

Primers and powder obviously do, it was $19 extra, on top of shipping, on my recent Powder Valley primer order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I bought one of these 2-cup rice cookers, which is sized pretty well for two of us.

Name:  A949E9AA-313F-40A7-A1C3-3980530DF2C3.jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  27.1 KB

It stunk on the first use, as it burned something off, but now it's fine. It's easy AF to use.

Amazon said it would take a month to get, but we got it in five days from Sur La Table.
    My wife has thrown out two perfectly good rice cookers because she says the only way to do it is in an Instapots. Takes twice as long so now I just cook rice in a 2 quart pan. She can't smoke fish either and she's Scandahovian. She has some other good attributes tho.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-07-2020 at 09:31 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Looks like a solid one for the price and looks like I could get a surface cleaner attachment for it. I’m going to have to do the same here soon. Getting ready to move back into our “main” homestead (long story) and have quite a few things a pressure washer would come in handy for (mainly cleaning three years of neglect off of everything brick and the little shed.

Looking to turn as many gas powered implements into electric ones as possible going forward . . . getting a little tired of messing with small engine BS. Next on the replacement cycle is the string trimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Lowes Loves me, been building raised beds for a garden. Powder Valley loves me more, got some powder and match small pistol primers a few days back. Time to get the raised beds to working, and then I can do my thing. Happy Wife, and then I can do what I do.

User Tag List