Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Just a starter electric setup, couldn't even tell you the brand but it fit my budget, is red, and looks pretty sweet. Was 100% impulse buy lol. The sales girl was a cutie.
    I had never seen an electric violin until about 5 years ago. I couldn't talk my daughter into one of those.

Chris

Yeah I bet, I got it because it's quieter and I don't want to bother my neighbors
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

This is the only electric violin I’ve ever seen:

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I had just sold a Gen 4 Glock, with the intention of getting a Gen 5, maybe a MOS model, right before this all went nuts. I got a good price out of the Gen 4, and maybe with the panic could have got $50 more out of it, but the biggest problem is that every single new Gen 5 Glock 19 in the country suddenly went *POOF* about the time I stopped waffling about to MOS or not to MOS. I didn't really see that coming. Not that fast anyway.

So here I sit, with a wad of cash, and no place local to buy a new Gen5 Glock 19. Most distributors are out of stock as well. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch the post-panic glut of lightly used guns for sale... but the uncertainty has me wishing I had another around, just in case.
    This happened to me, too. The difference is I sold 2 Gen 2 Glock 19's and was able to buy one Gen 5 19 MOS. I am still looking for a second. I had a line on a used one but he had buyers offering him retail store prices ($650). I couldn't bring myself to buy it. It is definitely a sellers market.

Site Supporter
    I'm waffling on a new 35 Whelen barrel for my Encore.

Current barrel is a 17" MGM barrel I bought because it was a great price and the first 35 Whelen barrel I'd seen in a while. What I've found out since is that it's hard to get decent velocities with that length barrel and cartridge, it doesn't like bullet weights less than 225gr, and most bullets heavier than 200gr need velocities to expand properly greater than I can easily achieve in such a short barrel. Also, it's loud and doesn't help me gain any friends at the range. But it's sooo accurate, shooting into an inch or better at 100yds with heavy bullets and most powders.

I'd just buy another MGM, but they no longer offer the 35cal barrels with 1:14 twist (1:16 only) and I have a large stash of heavier bullets as well as a mould for 280gr bullets. I need the faster twist.

Enter Eabco...
    They offer a 35whelen barrel at 26" in length with the 1:14 twist I want. I could buy that barrel and sell my MGM, recouping most of the money spent.

I shouldn't but it would let me get the full capability of the cartridge.

Chris

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I had picked up a used .44 RM MGM 24-in barrel. It was just too big and heavy. Did OK selling it. I'm thinking it may be time to call MGM and have them make me a threaded 16.75-incher.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I'm glad I bought a bunch of .22LR and 9mm ammo (on sale) in February and early March.

I ordered a bunch of books. I think I have enough reading material if I have to self quarantine until 2050 or so . . . .

Site Supporter
    Not much retail therapy for me, but between the money they're throwing on the hood for trucks right now I could be in trouble here eventually. I've been shopping F-150s and Rangers in my downtime. I've got the wife's blessing, so I just need to find the right truck and the right deal.

Also been trolling through Gunbroker for deals on 870 Police Magnums and revolvers. Now that could get dangerous for me right now. Once I get to my goal weight, I'm thinking my "Way to go" present is going to be to find a birth year S&W Model 24 (if such a thing exists).

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Although if I could find a lightly used S&W 342 PD for around $500, I could be persuaded to break out the old credit card.
    There were two for $599 on Gunbroker. There was also a 332 with a BIN of $1200+. I was sorely tempted on the 342s if I hadn't just bought a gauge and was watching my budget.

Started out with ARs and Glocks, now I'm playing with gauges and revolvers. I think I've been listening to too many of DB's podcasts and interviews . . . not that there's a thing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I’ll probably end up buying another KAC SR15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need to track down a Mod 1 upper for an SR15 lower . . . just don't want to drop the money just yet.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I had picked up a used .44 RM MGM 24-in barrel. It was just too big and heavy. Did OK selling it. I'm thinking it may be time to call MGM and have them make me a threaded 16.75-incher.
    I kinda want a 44mag barrel too, but it would be in the 16"-20" range if I did. Then there's the 45Colt, 45ACP, 45AR, etc. Damn things can be addictive if you're not careful. I've done well by sticking to my Katahdin muzzleloader barrel and MGM 35Whelen barrel.

Speaking of the MGM barrel...It sold last night! I priced it a bit on the high side for a used barrel and it still sold in less than 12 hours. I guess I AM buying that EABCO replacement. That 26" tube will give me lots of room for slow powders to expand and I won't cause shooters next to me at the range to leave (yes, that has happened).

Chris

There’s a seller on Gunbroker with 6+ P2000s, and it’s all I can do to not buy a pair. Or 4.

User Tag List