Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Don’t trust him. I think Duke here is a shill for Duke017 on gunbroker...seems suspicious.

I tell you what, you send him the cash and then we’ll have him send the gun to my FFL and I’ll pick it up and confirm it is legit, before I send it to you.
    Post of the day good sir

May have neglected to tell the wife I bought reloading supplies and a press. So, when the FedEx guy arrived, while we were walking the dog and handed me a box marked, "EXPLOSIVES". I had to answer for my sins...

Sorta.

She was grumpy with me so I used @Borderland as an excuse, "Hey could be worse! The guys on P-F are buying gunpowder in 20-pound increments. I just bought 1-pound."

"Why does someone need 20-pounds of gunpowder?"

"Hey, I try not to judge what other people do."

"I guess that's true. Hey! Did you just try to couch your behavior by saying it's not as bad as some other person's and now comparatively you don't look as bad?"

"But comparatively speaking..."

~Sigh~ "Okay, fine, you're right. I have to remind myself, it could be worse."

"See!"

Her: - "Well if it keeps you off the streets and off drugs, I suppose it's okay."

"Love you too honey."

___

Thanks @Borderland for being my scapegoat.

Site Supporter
    May have neglected to tell the wife I bought reloading supplies and a press. So, when the FedEx guy arrived, while we were walking the dog and handed me a box marked, "EXPLOSIVES". I had to answer for my sins...

Sorta.

She was grumpy with me so I used @Borderland as an excuse, "Hey could be worse! The guys on P-F are buying gunpowder in 20-pound increments. I just bought 1-pound."

"I guess that's true. Hey! Did you just try to couch your behavior by saying it's not as bad as some other person's and now comparatively you don't look as bad?"

"See!"

Her: - "Well if it keeps you off the streets and off drugs, I suppose it's okay."

"Love you too honey."

___

LOL. That’s hilarious.

My wife was not aware that my G44 was on the way. Nor that it had been purchased. I had it on layaway, had been making my little cash deposits, and planned to get it for my birthday in June. But when the world started to get cra-cray, I had this little feeling that the gun world wasn’t go to go so smoothly again, so I ran over and paid it off and didn’t say anything about it.

Not to worry, my no-filter offspring told her for me.

We had a conversation about it. She isn’t ever surprised that I bring guns home, just doesn’t like to be surprised when I do so. Like, being involved. She agrees with your wife - this hobby keeps me off the streets. And I don’t buy 10000 rounds every time a crisis comes up. So there’s that.

Her: Another package came for you today. It weighs 50 pounds. MORE ammo?

Me: What RR said.

"Love you too honey."
    Thank goodness for the streets and drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Her: Another package came for you today. It weighs 50 pounds. MORE ammo?

Me: What RR said.

Thank goodness for the streets and drugs.
    You didn't tell her it was 10-gallons of hand sanitizer?

That's dangerous right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    LOL. That’s hilarious.

My wife was not aware that my G44 was on the way. Nor that it had been purchased. I had it on layaway, had been making my little cash deposits, and planned to get it for my birthday in June. But when the world started to get cra-cray, I had this little feeling that the gun world wasn’t go to go so smoothly again, so I ran over and paid it off and didn’t say anything about it.

Not to worry, my no-filter offspring told her for me.

We had a conversation about it. She isn’t ever surprised that I bring guns home, just doesn’t like to be surprised when I do so. Like, being involved. She agrees with your wife - this hobby keeps me off the streets. And I don’t buy 10000 rounds every time a crisis comes up. So there’s that.
    Honey, I never complained when you bought a new washer and dryer when the old ones worked just fine. I never complained when you bought a new gas range and had gas installed, when the old electric range worked just fine. I never complained when you insisted on hardwood floors throughout the entire house when carpet worked just fine.

She never brings my hobbies up anymore because my needs are so minuscule, "comparatively speaking". I'm a simple man. I just need food, drink and some gun powder occasionally.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Name:  20200403_112128.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  38.8 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Name:  20200403_112128.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  38.8 KB
    I am ASSuming that @Borderland bought both 8-pound kegs and some 1 pounders of a 4-pounder (VV comes in 4-pound jugs)

___

My wife sometimes complains - then remembers that she bought a $12,000 car without consulting me once.

So...I currently have a $12,001 max on what I can spend without her consultation, before I am really screwed.

Sometimes she catches me looking at motorcycles or cars online and says, "One day, I know I'm going to come home and there will just be a motorcycle in the parking space or garage. I've accepted that, because...it will still probably cost less than the car."

Sorta.

"See!"

"Love you too honey."

___

I had 8 cases of ammo and a big box of powder and primers show up, wife didn't even bat an eye. I think she realizes that being at home all day isn't going to help with my spending habits. Plus I have been telling her for months that shit is going to get crazy and ammo/reloading items are going to be scarce. She just asked if it was dangerous and if I was going to blow my fingers up. To which I answered, no. Better not fuck this up NO TV WHILE RELOADING!

I am ASSuming that @Borderland bought both 8-pound kegs and some 1 pounders of a 4-pounder (VV comes in 4-pound jugs)

___

My wife sometimes complains - then remembers that she bought a $12,000 car without consulting me once.

So...I currently have a $12,001 max on what I can spend without her consultation, before I am really screwed.

Sometimes she catches me looking at motorcycles or cars online and says, "One day, I know I'm going to come home and there will just be a motorcycle in the parking space or garage. I've accepted that, because...it will still probably cost less than the car."
    Two eights and a four.

I have a relative that has a successful business. He makes a lot of money and likes his toys. His wife is a pretty down to earth Norwegian/Danish/American. He bought an old Jaguar that he found for sale on the side of the road. He brought it home and she told him to never buy another vehicle from the side of the road ever again. He sold it because it was unreliable. Then he was cruising thru a used car lot one day and he found a bright red H2 Hummer. At that point in time they could hardly give those things away and he thought it was a great deal. When he parked that in his driveway his wife had a melt down. She told him she didn't care what he did with it as long as he didn't park it in their driveway. He gave it to his daughter and SIL who still drive it. Now he just leases everything. Some things you just need to run by your wife. In my case I know what they are now and the list is pretty short.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List