Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Colt AR15A4 came up for sale locally and I have had an itch for a rifle-length AR for a couple years now. Picked it up this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I keep fair amounts of powder since we use so much for shot shells, and you can usually find some bullets somewhere, even if it is not something that is my first choice. But if you don't have primers you are out of luck. A buddy said his father told him "No matter how crappy your car is, have a good battery. Nothing else matters if it doesn't start."

Well, I was just talking about small pistol.
    But at one point I loaded a bunch of 9mm that I am no longer very happy with the load combination, but am kinda stuck with them. So I have decided I am no longer going to do that, and I bought a press that I can dedicate to 9mm. That way I do not need to interrupt anything else I am working on to kick out 1k of 9mm. I might stockpile components, but am going to load more Just-In-Time.
    That's how I do it. I have about 300 rds loaded for everything I shoot, which is 4 pistol and 2 rifle cartridges. Nothing too extreme there. I only use 3 powders. I consolidated years ago.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-03-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Well let’s see...I’m really proud of myself for staving off the urge to buy an STI Staccato P Duo instead buying a Gen 5 MOS 19 and an RMR06v2(a more practical choice of the two). I also bought an Arcteryx Courier 15 sling type bag and a Modlite Handheld to replace my aging smaller Streamlight duty light.

My next paycheck is probably going to go to a Steiner M series scope or a Kahles m625i for my Accuracy International Work rifle.

My friends and I are just like the Mandalorian...paycheck immediately spent on arms and armor LOL.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    The panic-buying of 9mm pistols has emptied the handgun displays at local gun shops, making some of my disused pistols more desirable.
    I did a safe cleanout of all the quality, serviceable firearms I once thought were cool and interesting, but no longer wish to own, and put them on consignment at the LGS. Most have sold. Deposited the first check yesterday. It's good. May get better.

I found some M3 PMags in stock online this morning and replaced the M2s that went with the above, for less than the M2s are bringing me. Hope they actually ship...

Thinking about maybe ordering a new Contender barrel.

Will list a few more things on various sites. May put up a "grips box" sale post here later.

The leather for my GP seems to finally be dialed in. Need to duplicate my modified Hogue in some walnut, along with all the other projects.

I stupidly destroyed my old salad spinner while attempting to reassemble it after cleaning, so I picked up a new one from Amazon. Making dressing from olive oil, organic apple juice, salt and pepper. It's great on fresh spinach daily.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Bought a violin. Because I need another instrument to ignore next to my piano in favor of watching youtube videos in my underwear all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Colt AR15A4 came up for sale locally and I have had an itch for a rifle-length AR for a couple years now. Picked it up this morning.
    Nice man, I've got a period correct FN 20" upper that I've been waiting on an M16A4 marked lower to become available, currently upper is on an A5 lower and shoots great but damned front heavy.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Bought a violin.
    What did you get? My youngest daughter plays in Jr High, which means I got a crash course on violins when we bought hers.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    What did you get? My youngest daughter plays in Jr High, which means I got a crash course on violins when we bought hers.

Chris
    Just a starter electric setup, couldn't even tell you the brand but it fit my budget, is red, and looks pretty sweet. Was 100% impulse buy lol. The sales girl was a cutie.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I only use 3 powders.
    Funny, I am more willing to get into loading for an additional cartridge I don't need if it uses a powder I am already using, even if it is not the most optimal. I will give up a few FPS to avoid additional inventory.

ETA: For example, I need Longshot to load 1oz 20g loads. So I see no possible reason I shouldn't get a 10mm. And a 38 Super...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-03-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Was 100% impulse buy lol. The sales girl was a cutie.
    Name:  CSP.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  34.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Will list a few more things on various sites. May put up a "grips box" sale post here later.
    I have a pile of stuff, including a few Sparks holsters, that need to get onto eBay. So that I can buy other stuff...

User Tag List