Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada proposes ban on all handguns

Canada proposes ban on all handguns

Well, "ban". Transfer not possession.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61641543

Paging @Maple Syrup Actual. Is this something that's likely to pass or just grandstanding?

It's very much going to pass as Trudeau's coalition has a strong majority in parliament

It's my understanding that it also includes a mandatory buy-back of "military style assault rifles" and "permanently" altering magazines to limit them to 5 rounds.

The "for now" part is silent when they say you can keep existing handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    The "for now" part is silent when they say you can keep existing handguns.
    Right. Turn off the spigot first. Round the existing stock up later.

Do they really think that the First Nations peoples are going to give up their high cap magazine Lee Enfields?

Will the Canadian Rangers be exempt or will they be neutered too?

How about all those Winchester 94s, are they going to require the tube mags be plugged? How about all those dangerous semiautomatic tube magazine .22 rifles?

Time for the western provinces to secede and form their own country.

O Canada we stand appalled by thee...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Adding data:
    The number of registered handguns in Canada increased 71% between 2010 and 2020, reaching around 1.1 million.

1.1 million handguns in 2020… to put that number in perspective, out of our 300mil+ stateside firearms in 2009, 114 mil were handguns. I’m sure that number is waaaaay up after the multi-culti shenanigans of the last several years, but that’s still a pretty damn respectable showing of Northern pistoleros for a country of only 38 million. By my math, there are more handguns per capita in maple syrup territory than here in the 2A capital of the world. That’s a hell of a thing, right there.

Oh, and fuck Justin Trudeau. That is all.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Adding data:
    The number of registered handguns in Canada increased 71% between 2010 and 2020, reaching around 1.1 million.

1.1 million handguns in 2020… to put that number in perspective, out of our 300mil+ stateside firearms in 2009, 114 mil were handguns. I’m sure that number is waaaaay up after the multi-culti shenanigans of the last several years, but that’s still a pretty damn respectable showing of Northern pistoleros for a country of only 38 million. By my math, there are more handguns per capita in maple syrup territory than here in the 2A capital of the world. That’s a hell of a thing, right there.

Oh, and fuck Justin Trudeau. That is all.
    Umm... Just to use round numbers, your figures indicate around 9 times as many people here in you're-not-the-boss-of-me land, but 100 times as many handguns. Roughly 11 times as many handguns per pissed off citizen.

(More recent estimates run to more like ~400M firearms total, so handguns is probably way up. Heck, we probably came close to 1M new handguns in each of the past two years.)

Maybe there's a math-music double major in one of your classes you could get to help you count zeros?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Unconfirmed rumors of assault rifle buyback.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Maybe there's a math-music double major in one of your classes you could get to help you count zeros?
    Yeah, I totally fucked that up. What can I say? I was in a hurry… long day. Thanks for setting me straight.

‘merica.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List