Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    That is my current plan. I got an e-mail from a place out of state that restocked online, but paying shipping and a FFL transfer fee (on top of sales tax) pushes up into the "this doesn't make sense, wait" realm. It's only a few bucks difference... but I don't *need* it right now, as much as *want* it... right now. I might reach out to the local FFL and see if he can whistle one up from somewhere.
    If you want to grab one now, Primary Arms has them in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/glock-19...ons-15rd-black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    If you want to grab one now, Primary Arms has them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that is who I was referring to in my post as having them back in stock... I think I'm going to hold off for now, even though the difference is only about $35-40... I don't *need* it, and that money could be put towards a set of real sights. Hopefully I don't regret that decision.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have three...I purchased the 35 pounder on amazon. It was a higher end Cap-Barbell and is very nice.

The other two, 53 pounder and 71 pounder came from Rep Fitness which had the best price / quality ratio at the time.

Shipping does hurt some.
    Mine were all Rogue or Sorinex. I liked the Rogue but shipping was a bitch. The Sorinex are equally nice and as I already mentioned they are local.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Mine were all Rogue or Sorinex. I liked the Rogue but shipping was a bitch. The Sorinex are equally nice and as I already mentioned they are local.
    Can't beat that. I didn't have any worthwhile options in the area at the time I purchased a few years ago.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Alright a goal to work towards!

Yes and no, I guess. Wife is higher risk factor, so we were in lock down mode a bit early. But now we have a state-wide shelter-in-place and both the university and museum are completely shuttered until at least May 1.

That’s why I blew my money on a single stage press. I’m planning to load slow. If it turns out to be too fast I have a Lee Loader around here some place...
    Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning your wife's risk factors in another thread; despite the inconvenience and boredom and annoyance of your semi-quarantine, you are doing what is right for her. She's got a great husband for the record. You can let know that that is a widely held perception here at P-F.

Single stage is definitely slooooowww, but hand-weighing each charge is even slower. I do that for all of my hunting ammo mainly because of OCD which is a really good thing for a hand-loader to have.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I've got a RCBS Rock Chucker I oughtta drag outta storage, but that'll have to wait since the kids' education comes first.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

I buy most of my books on Kindle now. Using a Kindle in lieu of TP is like trying to figure out the 3 Shells in Demolition Man.

Chris
    Oh, geez.... Uncle!

Damn, your ability to write humorous stuff exceeds mine by a YUGE margin. I am still chuckling (as a type this) at the mental picture that you just made me conjure up.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Retail therapy: Ordered a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5. I must at least 5 or 6 of Tony's 2.0 version, so I'm looking forward to trying a 2.5. I even splurged and ordered the red "carbon fiber" pattern.

Site Supporter
    Just bought TP and paper towels. I'm stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Just bought TP and paper towels. I'm stoked!
    I just bought groceries and beer.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Well...Lee Precision emailed me and let me know they cannot ship my press to me in the way I need it shipped (sans signature, because USPS and UPS never actually deliver anything requiring signature authorization here...).

So I had them cancel my order. I went to make an order through Brownells and they don't have any Lee presses in stock and neither does Midway or Natchez. So, I canceled the damn Brownells order too.

And I'm back to reloading square one.

User Tag List