Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

When the shenanigans were just about to start I realised I was at the reorder point on primers. I will admit that I bought 10k when my normal reorder would be 5k.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    When the shenanigans were just about to start I realised I was at the reorder point on primers. I will admit that I bought 10k when my normal reorder would be 5k.

I stocked up on bullets and primers a bit more than usual. Mainly, so I'll have something to occupy myself with when I can't get to the range, rather than any sense of panic.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

The last time I topped off it was 15K. Still working on that stock but it goes fast when you shoot every week.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We'll be long dead before we run out of ammo. (Just sayin'.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I do love the boxers and air-cooled is kinda my style for simplicity sake. But I do like the water boxers too. In fact, I like boxers all the way around in cars and bikes. I also appreciate that you can get ALL of the parts for them too...
    For the public good, you'd better stick to boxers on the motorcycle. In the car, you could pull off briefs or even commando, but that Depends
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    For the public good, you'd better stick to boxers on the motorcycle. In the car, you could pull off briefs or even commando, but that Depends
    Quoted to support my plea for clemency when the pitchforks come out.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I stocked up on bullets and primers a bit more than usual.
    I keep fair amounts of powder since we use so much for shot shells, and you can usually find some bullets somewhere, even if it is not something that is my first choice. But if you don't have primers you are out of luck. A buddy said his father told him "No matter how crappy your car is, have a good battery. Nothing else matters if it doesn't start."

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The last time I topped off it was 15K. Still working on that stock but it goes fast when you shoot every week.
    Well, I was just talking about small pistol.
    But at one point I loaded a bunch of 9mm that I am no longer very happy with the load combination, but am kinda stuck with them. So I have decided I am no longer going to do that, and I bought a press that I can dedicate to 9mm. That way I do not need to interrupt anything else I am working on to kick out 1k of 9mm. I might stockpile components, but am going to load more Just-In-Time.

Site Supporter

Retail Therapy

Back to retail therapy...

I bought a new mag for my airsoft G19. It doesn't appear I'm going to get out to a real range anytime soon, so I need to start working on more than just basic marksmanship. It cost $45 and won't tolerate being dropped on a hard surface though.

Chris

The guys on P-F are buying gunpowder in 20-pound increments. I just bought 1-pound."
    "Why does someone need 20-pounds of gunpowder?"
    Well, a friend of mine had a 375 Cheytac Improved, I think the charge weights are around 130g EACH!

"Hey! Did you just try to couch your behavior by saying it's not as bad as some other person's and now comparatively you don't look as bad?"
    "But comparatively speaking..."
    Tried that with my dad once, didn't work as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I stocked up on bullets and primers a bit more than usual. Mainly, so I'll have something to occupy myself with when I can't get to the range, rather than any sense of panic.
    Exactly. I've been threatening for years to buy a press. I just never did it, because I always had more money than time or more time than money.

Now I have both money AND time, a rare combination. And if I don't keep myself busy, my wife knows what will happen. Last time I got really bored I spent several hours repairing holes in the walls from the home-made pencil-launching ballista.

User Tag List