Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

I'm looking out the window at the spring squirrel activity and thinking "I need an air rifle!", but they really aren't doing any harm.

I've mostly been sending small things to other folks as "thought this would make you smile" gifts. Books, food, that kind of stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It was going to be a Lee APP.

And I checked Cabelas, but not Amazon. Until I saw your post this morning, I had no idea Amazon had reloading stuff on it.

Holy shit that's awesome news...My Amazon order history is about to get even more weird
    I should have guessed what with the APP being the newest P-F darling.

I don't think Amazon has the APP yet. They tend to lag a bit behind the typical gun retailers on this stuff.

Natchez is showing in stock: https://www.natchezss.com/lee-app-au...e-adapter.html
    So does FSReloading: https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-app-press.html

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I should have guessed what with the APP being the newest P-F darling.

I don't think Amazon has the APP yet. They tend to lag a bit behind the typical gun retailers on this stuff.

Natchez is showing in stock: https://www.natchezss.com/lee-app-au...e-adapter.html
    So does FSReloading: https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-app-press.html

Chris
    Awesome follow up.

Natchez had the press, but also a 3-week lead time on shipping.

I went with FS Reloading and it ended up costing me a bit more, but I sprung for a Lyman powder measure and they had dies in place.

I was gonna shitcan the whole thing...except that Brownells apparently didn't get my email memo on canceling my order fast enough. SO...en route right now is powder, bullets, Lee press parts, etc....Never let a crisis go to waste!

Any of you guys who haven't shopped with Lee Valley will be pleasantly surprised. Especially if the tool for home or yard requires an edge.

So much better than hardware / big box store gear that it's not in the same league. Lots of stuff you can't find anywhere else.

I've been buying from them for many years and never had to send anything back as poor or defective. Plus their customer support staff has always been aces.

The founder is no longer around but his daughter now carries the torch. Try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They have a few different catalogs of tools and equipment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'm looking out the window at the spring squirrel activity and thinking "I need an air rifle!", but they really aren't doing any harm.

I've mostly been sending small things to other folks as "thought this would make you smile" gifts. Books, food, that kind of stuff.
    Forgot I ordered this until it showed up the other day. What a hoot

Question is... do I buy a non red dot capable gun because it has all the other features I want or buy the red dot capable gun that doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Forgot I ordered this until it showed up the other day. What a hoot

Now that is the kind of 'senior moment' that I could find very enjoyable.

Hopefully, the SP5K that I forgot that I ordered will arrive soon. Or maybe it'll be some toilet paper....dare to dream!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Question is... do I buy a non red dot capable gun because it has all the other features I want or buy the red dot capable gun that doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Well...do you want the red-dot?

That seems kind of like the big question to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well...do you want the red-dot?

That seems kind of like the big question to answer.
    Stop with your logic Rob... Getting one with the red dot cut but I gotta wait a while, I can get a duplicate of that gun without the red dot cut now or I can get a different gun with the red dot cut...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Any of you guys who haven't shopped with Lee Valley will be pleasantly surprised. Especially if the tool for home or yard requires an edge.

So much better than hardware / big box store gear that it's not in the same league. Lots of stuff you can't find anywhere else.

I've been buying from them for many years and never had to send anything back as poor or defective. Plus their customer support staff has always been aces.

The founder is no longer around but his daughter now carries the torch. Try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They have a few different catalogs of tools and equipment.
    Leonard Lee was a treasure. I have a few of his tools, as well as the book he wrote on sharpening.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List