Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Therapy During Quarantine

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yep. Everybody's gotta wipe.

When loose-leaf notebook paper starts to run short after we exhaust tissues and napkins, I wonder what'll be the next ''choice-by-default''.
    Got any complimentary copies of your book sitting around? Signed or unsigned is fine.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Like many here, I am on lockdown. My toddlers are now home 24/7. The Courts here are essentially closed (for at least two more weeks, likely longer) and my work is accordingly slowing down. The absence of the daily interactions with friends and colleagues is greatly missed. Hell, I comfort ate my first bowl of ice cream last week (the first in 6 months). In short, I am in need of therapy. Retail therapy. What's on your wish list? Are you similarly having these inclinations?

Here's what I have been contemplating today:

Filson Neoshell Jacket. I won't buy Patagonia anymore, need a new option.

https://www.filson.com/neoshell-reli...-fco-001599740

Sinn U1 (cool all black version) I've worn the same 757 Dialpal for almost 10 years straight now; might be an acceptable time to get another.

https://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/S...rap-6p3063.htm

Sebenza. Never owned one. Seems like a classic I would't regret

https://www.monkeyedge.com/Chris-Ree...0320-sc269.htm
    I have that Filson Neoshell, it's awesome! Go for it, I highly doubt you will regret it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Very nice BMW. I've had several boxers but never an R65. I always thought they were pretty close to perfect for a weekend cruise. My neighbor just sold his K bike. He damn near had to give it away and it was in very good condition. The twins are iconic and always will be. I got hooked on those around 1984 when I bought my first one, R100 CS. I know a guy that I worked with who has an R75/7 that he bought new. Step son has an R80 GS.
    I do love the boxers and air-cooled is kinda my style for simplicity sake. But I do like the water boxers too. In fact, I like boxers all the way around in cars and bikes. I also appreciate that you can get ALL of the parts for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Got any complimentary copies of your book sitting around? Signed or unsigned is fine.

Chris
    DAMN...we're gonna need some EMS response over here with burn treatment supplies.

EGW beaver tail and link kit for a Colt project.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Before I was married I just used TP for both. But that ship has sailed.
    I remember when I was even younger just using my sleeve. It was always easier with a long sleeved shirt. I mighta been pretty young.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I remember when I was even younger just using my sleeve. It was always easier with a long sleeved shirt. I mighta been pretty young.
    At what age are we supposed to stop doing that? I must've missed that memo.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    At what age are we supposed to stop doing that? I must've missed that memo.
    I don't think memos had been invented yet. Your Mom had to tell you it was disgusting and to stop it.

Fourth: Pyramex Full Lens 2.5 mag safety glasses. I used these for dry practice, really helps to see the front sight, $9.02:

Pyramex Safety Emerge Plus Readers Safety Glasses, 2.5

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744QB742..._bR-GEb9MJVG05

Name:  C878DA26-94E9-4D67-A3E6-66542178B495.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  24.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I don't think memos had been invented yet. Your Mom had to tell you it was disgusting and to stop it.
    Good thing only my dog sees me do it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    You all have fun for me. As a single income family only 25% of the way up the seniority list at an airline, I’ve been trying my best to avoid even thinking about retail therapy.

All of a sudden I love my 14 year old truck even more......

The one upside is since my range is closed, I’m not burning through my ammo supply.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 03-31-2020 at 08:45 PM.

User Tag List