Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the K-38...

Got this pre-Model 15 a couple of years ago.
    It was gathering dust in the back of a bottom case shelf, and only $450.
    It's on my "if you could only have one K-Frame list"
    Name:  20180807_152426.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  39.7 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

K-38 history

Here is a link for S&W K-38 info. Lots of pictures.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-han...ariations.html

Do it!

I have a 2", a 4", and a 6" Model 15. They are all very nice and shoot very well.

I am currently cleaning the guts on the 2". It's polished beautifully inside from all those times it was used for dry practice.

One of my great regrets was passing up a 2" Model 15 a couple of years back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

K-38s in their various forms are awesome wheel guns. A lot of cops did righteous work with them for a very long time. If it's in serviceable condition snap it up.

My model 14 is one of my all time favorite guns and I had to pass on a 15 not long ago and that was hard. My neighbor has a snub, nickel plated 15 he refuses to sell me. I'm patiently waiting with a case of toilet paper as trading material
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  95.1 KB

This 15-4 is one of my favorite guns.

Name:  IMG_1493.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  31.9 KB

The Model 15 was my first centerfire DA revolver. I've had it a long time and it has been tinkered with.

Do it, they're sweet shooters.

Here's my 15-4, with a 1980 serial number, wearing a set of Ahrends that I put on in place of the rubber it came to me with.

Name:  IMG_3085.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  37.3 KB

Might as well bandwagon :-)

Really good revolvers!

This one was bought trying to find something the wife could shoot after hand surgery wrecked her recoil tolerance. Which was a failed experiment. Step-Son though has thoroughly made this one his own. Once he's old enough we'll take care of the legal niceties (not that he knows that... shhhh).

1951 Combat Masterpiece:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Might as well bandwagon :-)

Really good revolvers!

This one was bought trying to find something the wife could shoot after hand surgery wrecked her recoil tolerance. Which was a failed experiment. Step-Son though has thoroughly made this one his own. Once he's old enough we'll take care of the legal niceties (not that he knows that... shhhh).

1951 Combat Masterpiece:
    My mouse fart load:105gr RNL over 2.5 gr Bullseye. Tolerable for a box+ out of an Airweight J, or all day out of a steel one, out of an S&W M15 it recoils a little bit more than a 40gr HV .22LR does out of an M18. Just saying. It’s quite a bit less than a 130gr FMJ. Like, my wife won’t shoot any gun that kicks as hard as a Kframe shooting 130gr FMJ, but she’ll shoot an Airweight J a few times with that mouse fart load. If her hands were a bit larger, she’d probably take over my M15 because of that load.

User Tag List